Search found 33 matches

by Nick_Lamaine
28 Dec 2019, 07:28
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Reading death racords.
Replies: 2
Views: 58

Reading death racords.

Good evening, I have just started to research death records. If I am doing it correctly. In the copy attached the first section is just telling me who from the government is recording. The second section is who died and some form or relation declaring. Then first line of third tells me the ago of th...
by Nick_Lamaine
30 Nov 2019, 07:39
Topic: Help translating this occupation
Replies: 5
Views: 193

Re: Help translating this occupation

Thank you for the help. Does this mean he was some kind of medical person. Or, is this just a single profession in itself?
by Nick_Lamaine
23 Nov 2019, 07:57
Topic: Help translating this occupation
Replies: 5
Views: 193

Help translating this occupation

Good evening, this is from Garaguso birth records year 1878, image 13, event 29 if you want to see the original. It should be the occupation of the father. I can not find a translation. Can someone Help?
jDoi79el.jpg
jDoi79el.jpg (18.29 KiB) Viewed 193 times
by Nick_Lamaine
22 Oct 2019, 05:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Lamaina
Replies: 39
Views: 1522

Re: Looking for Lamaina

Hello again, I hope all is well. I have been going through the birth records from Garaguso. Two things seem odd, first sometimes the ages seem off by a few years for father and mother from two different births. Is this normal for very old records? Second, I have found a few cases that the mother/wif...
by Nick_Lamaine
12 Oct 2019, 20:20

Disregard 2 previous postings. I see the number on the left is not the event in the log. It is just the numbering of the log. Sorry to bother you.
by Nick_Lamaine
12 Oct 2019, 19:57

Also, I am reading the name of the child as Constantina Antonia but on record it looks like Anna Lucia?
by Nick_Lamaine
12 Oct 2019, 19:53

Hello, Hope all is well. Can I ask you to do me a favor. In birth records year 1827 event 11, image #19. I am reading the father's name as Fortunato(30yo) and Mother's a Madelena(29). Took place on 4/15. But when I look at the index the date seems wrong and the parent's names seem wrong or I can mak...
by Nick_Lamaine
04 Oct 2019, 10:43
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Goverment Records
Replies: 2
Views: 387

Goverment Records

Good morning, Still a little new to this site. Does anyone know if there is a site for people who held government offices or positions?
by Nick_Lamaine
29 Sep 2019, 01:01

Thank you, That is what I was looking at. I did know if he was a doctor or midwife/person. I saw his name appeared on all the records. He is just a government official attesting to the birth. It looks like he is related to me. There is a posting from kristin676 that explains a relationship. Thanks a...
by Nick_Lamaine
28 Sep 2019, 23:36

This is from the list of sites you gave me.

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... i/1816/26/
by Nick_Lamaine
28 Sep 2019, 20:48

Hello, I have been getting better at reading the records you sent me the links to. On the birth site years 1816 - 1820 I see a Lamaina, (can't make out first name-looks like) Lorocenzo. Maybe you can make out the first name. Also, it has Eletto after the name. Do you know what this means?
by Nick_Lamaine
15 Sep 2019, 21:24

Is the mother's age on the Birth certificate?
by Nick_Lamaine
15 Sep 2019, 01:21
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Looking for departures for Lamaina's
Replies: 1
Views: 270

Looking for departures for Lamaina's

Hello, I have a few name and arrival dates and even ship names for a few of my relatives. Most left from Naples. Is there any kind of listing show persons departing for the US.
by Nick_Lamaine
15 Sep 2019, 01:19

OK, thanks I will try that. I have gone through the wedding files from the link you gave me. There are 10 from different year. How many would not be too many to ask help with. I don't want to become a bother.