Search found 4 matches

by SMBToronto
29 Jan 2024, 00:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help re. Prison Historical Info
Replies: 5
Views: 722

Re: Help re. Prison Historical Info

Thank you, Pippo! I've got someone there who's going to look into it. I appreciate your insights!
by SMBToronto
26 Jan 2024, 06:20
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help re. Prison Historical Info
Replies: 5
Views: 722

Re: Help re. Prison Historical Info

Thanks so much, @Tessa78 and @PippoM .

Tessa, this is the death record written in Cosenza, where he died in prison (left page, Tommaso Bastone) : https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua35961230/5BPbOpV

-- and then months later, the notice was sent to his home town of Carolei in Cosenza ...
by SMBToronto
24 Jan 2024, 02:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help re. Prison Historical Info
Replies: 5
Views: 722

Help re. Prison Historical Info

I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. It seems my great-great-great-great grandfather died in a Cosenza prison in 1829 at the age of 38. Does anyone know how I might get any additional information on what happened to him? Thanks in advance.
by SMBToronto
11 Oct 2019, 02:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Raffaele Mazzuca of Amantea, Cosenza
Replies: 20
Views: 8159

Re: Raffaele Mazzuca of Amantea, Cosenza

Hi blorelli, my cousin (handle "Lilo") has alerted me to this thread. We're currently trying to trace the family history back, and we've gotten as far back as 1750s in some cases, but we're unsure of a few things.

If you have access to the records of Salvatore Lorelli (b. 1901), would you be ...