Search found 291 matches

by cedrone
15 Oct 2021, 10:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: ITALIAN VITAL RECORDS AFTER 1910
Replies: 1
Views: 172

Re: ITALIAN VITAL RECORDS AFTER 1910

The great majority of registers published on Family Search end on 1910, for some towns arrive to about 1930.
For more recent records you should ask to the Stato Civile office of every Comune.
by cedrone
28 Sep 2021, 13:01
Topic: Looking for information on my grandfather and his side of the family
Replies: 7
Views: 1076

Re: Looking for information on my grandfather and his side of the family

This person was born in 1919 in Pola, Italy [and before it was the Austro-Hungarian Empire; only in 1947 with name Pula it became Croatia, as part of Yugoslavia]. I read that the registers of the Italian town of Pola have been moved to the Archive of the Comune of Gorizia. Hoping this is correct, yo...
by cedrone
25 Sep 2021, 02:06
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: French birth certificate help?
Replies: 1
Views: 985

Re: French birth certificate help?

I didn't understand the question. Have you already found the birth act online? As to how to ask a certificate probably you may find instructions on the website of the town. If the parents were not resident there at the moment of the birth, but still in Italy, it should have been registered also in t...
by cedrone
24 Sep 2021, 11:39
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Street Names of Campli
Replies: 10
Views: 2255

Re: Street Names of Campli

Certainly you have photocopies (so made in enough recent time) of the 'schede' (cards, pages) of a register of the population of the town, probably asked by someone in your family. You see the same number on all (that seems identifies the family), then for every person all the data, included when ar...
by cedrone
24 Sep 2021, 11:30

Yes, certainly the street when new was called Circonvallazione, a generic name, then later it was dedicated to this Carrese, probably someone that in the town or area made something relevant. The locality, Castelnuovo, and the number is the same, so it is the same house.
by cedrone
24 Sep 2021, 00:15

Yes, it is Circonvallazione, Castelnuovo may be a district of the town, that is it was a street surrounding the territory of Castelnuovo; 35 is the number of the house.
If I find a map of this town, I'll see if it is still so.
Of which year was that document?
by cedrone
22 Sep 2021, 22:32
Topic: Giuseppe Bollini - help finding birth and marriage certificates
Replies: 13
Views: 1875

Re: Giuseppe Bollini - help finding birth and marriage certificates

Can you send me the baptism acts through Personal Message or give me your e-mail, here it's a bit difficult to write some message is lost, not published.
by cedrone
22 Sep 2021, 18:04
Topic: Giuseppe Bollini - help finding birth and marriage certificates
Replies: 13
Views: 1875

Re: Giuseppe Bollini - help finding birth and marriage certificates

It's difficult. First of all, perhaps he was not in the (now) province of Varese. But they say their list are only of the simple soldiers (other Archivi di Stato say also the 'sottufficiali'), there are not the 'Ufficiali' (of the Army), nor those of Navy and Aviation. Perhaps you may try to look th...
by cedrone
21 Sep 2021, 23:28
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Bonifacio Ciavolella death date
Replies: 2
Views: 739

Re: Bonifacio Ciavolella death date

Date of death : 8 November 1846.
Bonifacio Ciavolella, son of Benedetto and Maria Palazzo, widower of Alessandra Villani.
Can't read his age: sixty-...
by cedrone
21 Sep 2021, 23:01
Topic: Marriage Translation 1837
Replies: 4
Views: 816

Re: Marriage Translation 1837

As I told after your preceding post, Lipari was the name of the Comune (the whole isle) until 1867, later the name became Salina, so it is the same place, the Isle of Salina.
Santa Marina was a village, a 'contrada', on the Isle, that is in the Comune of Lipari (in 1837).
by cedrone
20 Sep 2021, 23:05
Topic: Death Record Translation for Domenico De Luca 1910
Replies: 6
Views: 903

Re: Death Record Translation for Domenico De Luca 1910

This Salina is the Isle of Salina.
Found that it was Comune of Salina from 1867 to 1910: before it was Comune di Lipari.
Try if you find the birth act here:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ipari/Nati
by cedrone
20 Sep 2021, 22:32

No. These are the data known to the hospital, doesn't mean that the mother was unknown, probably there is in the birth act, the same for the marriage, perhaps was married somewhere.
What are you looking for?
If you need the birth act, as you say it should be around 1842 in Salina.
by cedrone
20 Sep 2021, 22:08

No. It's the transcription (requested by Pietro D'Albora) on the register of Salina of a death act coming from Napoli, stating that on 11 May 1910 in the hospital in Sezione San Lorenzo, Comune di Napoli there died Domenico De Luca , 68 yo, born in Salina, son of deceased Domenico, name of mother no...