Search found 8 matches

by myra
30 Mar 2004, 03:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: sicilian hebrew heritage
Replies: 1
Views: 2894

sicilian hebrew heritage

I am getting closer to finding my Jewish roots. I want to thank all who have helped me on my journey.
by myra
01 Mar 2004, 18:03
Topic: sicilian-jewish heritage
Replies: 13
Views: 10401

sicilian jewish heritage

Thanks for the lead. I will contact them today.

m
by myra
01 Mar 2004, 03:45

sicilian jewish heritage

I have looked into dna testing. I was told it was only if my mother's side of the family was Jewish. It comes from my father's side. Thank you.
by myra
02 Feb 2004, 04:34

Sicilian Jewish Heritage

I thank you for you advice. I have not given up my search. I continue to hit roadblocks unfortunately. I did find out that my grandfather arrived in this country from the Port of Lousiana. His name was Alletto, his mother's name-Cammarata. Any info, resources etc. I'll try anything and everything.
by myra
23 Jan 2004, 02:51

sicilian-jewish heritage

My search has been somewhat limiting. There are no available records from my great-grandparents. It's frustrating. Especially, since I've been told by many family members that we are Jewish. It would have come from the Cammarata side of the family. If anyone had information or can point me in the ri...
by myra
24 Dec 2003, 20:15
Topic: Sicilian Jewish Heritage
Replies: 12
Views: 18463

Sicilian Jewish Heritage

I thank you all for your contributions. I am still facing challenges in finding my Jewish roots. I have even contacted a DNA company. Please continue to offer your advice. I do follow up. Thank you again.
by myra
13 Dec 2003, 17:58

sicilian jewish heritage

It's very frustrating. I have not been having a lot of luck in my search. I have tried several websites to no avail. I don't want to give up. Any more suggestions, I'm open.
by myra
07 Dec 2003, 06:56

Sicilian Jewish Heritage

The Jews lived in Sicily until 1492 when during the Spanish Inquisition they were forced out. I am trying to find out if I have Jewish roots. Many of my family members "looked" Jewish and we were always referred to as "the Jews". I have been unable to make a solid connection. Som...