Search found 7 matches

by artemisia
12 Feb 2004, 20:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: medieval venetian records
Replies: 17
Views: 10903

Just to spice things up a bit, I am awaiting a response from the University of Thessalonika about Quartano so between Suanj and I we have you covered. As soon as my informant gets back to me I will let you know about the Greece-Venetian connection. Peter OOPS! Peter, your contact is in fact a close...
by artemisia
11 Feb 2004, 23:39

HI: Yes Artemisia, not are Quartano in the ancient families of Venice: you sure that around 1450 the surname are Quartan O and not Quartan A ? Are various Quartan a persons in Veneto region(Venice are capital of Veneto region).. this are website Venice's Archive http://www.tin.it/veniva/avv/archivi...
by artemisia
09 Feb 2004, 17:45

The earliest record is in Greece is 1586 in Kerkyra Greece.. I will continue to look. The catalogue for Forni is without cost but may shed light by the title. Peter Thank you for looking. I have gone to the Forni site but am not clear what is on it that can help - there is a great deal of stuff tha...
by artemisia
09 Feb 2004, 00:30

......however in the interests of amity, civil records for Venezia go back from 1871 to 1931. Peter Good heavens, I'm sorry if I've offended you.... it will take time to deal with antiquarian booksellers and I haven't actually got the kind of money that most antiquaries these days demand. The Forni...
by artemisia
08 Feb 2004, 19:11

suanj wrote:ancient families in Venice http://www.geocities.com/families_histo ... eziane.htm
Thank you.
Alas, the Quartano are not here as far as I can see... I shall keep looking.
by artemisia
08 Feb 2004, 18:51

<snip useful suggestion> Your inquiry requires an in depth history research of venice to uncover Quartano in Venice. Peter This is very true, and I am only just beginning. Do you know how far back the Archivio del Stato in Venice goes, by any chance? Another oddity - putting 'quartano venice' into ...
by artemisia
08 Feb 2004, 13:32

medieval venetian records

I'm trying to research the family 'Quartano' who left Venice in around 1450 to live in Corfu. The Corfu history is well documented, but there is nothing about the Venetian branch. Does anyone know how I can begin to find out about this? I am a rank beginner at genealogy, but am a musicologist so am ...