Search found 362 matches

by Marisa6
16 Sep 2008, 22:24
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Hello
Replies: 21
Views: 15533

Re: Hello

Hee hee - I must use that one on my aunt next time I see her!
by Marisa6
16 Sep 2008, 22:03

ooooooh :P Wine, chocolate, bread pudding and a gentleman guide. This is sounding better by the minute! Mind you - I am supposed to limiting my wine intake after disgracing myself at the PTA quiz night 8O How was I to know the fairtrade wine was 15% proof? How was I to know that the toilet was the g...
by Marisa6
16 Sep 2008, 16:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Huge dilemma!
Replies: 16
Views: 15692

Re: Huge dilemma!

Hi Melissa You may already know this, but Italians in Scotland generally (but not exclusively) come from one of three locations. There are a very small number from around Borgo Val di Toro who settled up in the north. The remaining two groups are from the Comino Valley – around the area of Picinis...
by Marisa6
16 Sep 2008, 15:20

Oh yes - this sounds good! Remember that virtual bar we used to have? Hi Peter - I am very pleased to meet you. I have seen lots of your posts around Italian genealogy sites and they have been very useful to me over the years. So thanks. Some of my best leads have come from your suggestions. Great n...
by Marisa6
16 Sep 2008, 14:08

Hi Nuccia Wine and chocolate are my salvation! You should see the size of what I'm sitting on. Good excuse to buy a whole new wardrobe. I remember reading some astrology mumbo jumbo somewhere one time that said every twelve years you have a run of trouble. Hmm - it actually sounds about right. I'm e...
by Marisa6
16 Sep 2008, 13:59

Hi Lee

I think character forming is the expression for it. I've told Cam if he develops one more thing he is being put up for adoption! :wink: Oooh I'm a nasty mother!

I'm quite happy to jump on a plane under the guise of coming to do some cleaning!

Marisa xx
by Marisa6
16 Sep 2008, 08:42

Hi Nuccia I'm still gripping onto sanity about as much as I ever was! :lol: Its been a rather full-on year between parents and children. They don't call us the sandwich generation for nothing! We have had two deaths, one stroke, one heart attack, a cancer scare, a big job change, legal issues and so...
by Marisa6
15 Sep 2008, 22:41

Cairo - wow. That must have taken a bit of finding! Its a pity the other family members didn't want to know. Their loss. Ah well - its the colourful ones that are the most interesting. My grandmother still refuses point blank to believe in the existance of her great uncle who was sentenced to death ...
by Marisa6
15 Sep 2008, 22:20

Hi Elba Its really nice to hear from you. How are you keeping? Every so often I think about naughty Nina and chuckle. Did you ever get to the bottom of that? I see Nuccia is a moderator. I had better mind my manners! I was over in Bologna and Verona at the beginning of the summer and I thought about...
by Marisa6
15 Sep 2008, 22:09
Topic: Looking for Forte, Matassa, Di Adamo, Gizzi, Capocci, Crolla
Replies: 67
Views: 95271

Re: Looking for Forte, Matassa, Di Adamo, Gizzi, Capocci, Cr

Hi Paul My great great grandmothers descendants are as follows;- Caterina Antonia Forte married Celeste Antonio Forte (son of Filippo Forte and Maddalena Fusco). Their children were Domenico Forte c1882 sp Maria Forte Marco Forte 13 Apr 1885 sp Serafina Giustina Marcantonio (Perth) Carmen Forte c188...
by Marisa6
15 Sep 2008, 20:15

Ok – starting with the children of Domenico Antonio Forte and Francesca Matassa – (you may have these) Maria Teresa Forte born 14 Jul 1841 Benedetto Forte born 31 May 1844, died 31 Dec 1852 Celeste Forte born 16 Jan 1849, died 05 Oct 1849 Caterina Antonia Forte born 31 Jul 1855, died between 194...
by Marisa6
15 Sep 2008, 19:23

Hi Paul We are cousins! Your ancestor Maria Teresa Forte is the older sister of my great great grandmother Caterina Antonia Forte. I am going to go and dig out a large and dusty file and get back to you later. One thing puzzles me. Are you sure that Domenico and Francesco are Giovanni's parents. I h...
by Marisa6
15 Sep 2008, 19:16

Hello

Hmm - I hope you are still speaking to me. Its been a while since I've been around. Its been a rather rough year, and I was computerless for six months of it. I've been watching you all from a distance for the last wee while but thought you would all be cross with me. Then tonight - like a large sig...
by Marisa6
28 Jun 2006, 23:42
Topic: Congratulations
Replies: 13
Views: 11994

Re: Congratulations

Hmm - Three Craws - that great song of Scottish culture! Basically three crows are sitting on a wall. The first crow flies away, the second crow can't fly, and the third one is crying for his mother. The last verse states that that is all the singer knows about the Crows. It is a really deep and mea...
by Marisa6
28 Jun 2006, 14:30
Topic: Congratulations
Replies: 13
Views: 11994

Re: Congratulations

Here I am! It is utter chaos here at the moment. The kids stop school tomorrow, the house is a tip, I am supposed to have my thesis finished to final draft status (no surprises - I haven't), there is a big pile of ironing and the bathroom needs cleaned. Meanwhile I am sitting here strangely calmly a...