Search found 30 matches

by michaud
11 Apr 2010, 23:27
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Villa
Replies: 18
Views: 13679

Re: Villa

Yes....i have printed off the sample military letter you posted and will attempt to do one myself and and send off to the Italian government. I hope i do it correctly and they understnad it....lol! I also plan to use the other sample you sent for the marriage, birth and death. I believe that my gran...
by michaud
11 Apr 2010, 22:02

Wow....thats fantastic "johnnyonthespot". I love those old documents. Is that the one that you received from the Italian government when you had them search? So, i need to send a letter to the Italian government requesting military info and they will either send me the records o tell me th...
by michaud
11 Apr 2010, 21:28

Hi Valerie,
I believe that my grandfather may have been in WW1 over in Italy....not the US. According to a previous post, i have to write a letter requesting a search. I suppose they will tell me yes he was or no he wasnt.
by michaud
11 Apr 2010, 19:57

Would i still write the letter requesting military info even if i am not 100% sure that my grandfather actually served?? Is there a place i would go first to check if was in the military or would i write the letter and they would let me know whether he did or not ??
by michaud
10 Apr 2010, 16:24

Thats fantastic.....thanks so much.
You guys are a wealth of information.
by michaud
10 Apr 2010, 14:43

Villa

Can anyone direct me as to where i would find out if my grandfather served in the Italian military for WW1 ??? I believe that he may have...
by michaud
10 Apr 2010, 00:48
Forum: Locations in Italy
Replies: 3
Views: 3125

Wow....thanks for the info.
I cant believe how helpful everyone is here!!
by michaud
10 Apr 2010, 00:32
Forum: Locations in Italy
Replies: 3
Views: 3125

Villa

When my grandfather came to Canada in the early 1900's he left behind siblings in Celano Italy.....wondering if anybody knows of any "Villa" from Celano Aquilla Italy ?? I would love to connect with them....
by michaud
09 Apr 2010, 23:02
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Replies: 20
Views: 15272

I cannot believe how helpful everyone has been...thank you so very much. Yes VJ he eventually ended up in NS where he married my grandmother. Now i just have to determine his citizenship and hopefully it remained Italian. Im assuming that i will need to have his 1st wife Santa marriage and death cer...
by michaud
09 Apr 2010, 22:25

Also Suanj....i tried searching for the manifest for his Boston arrival in 1912 but cannot find it.....can you direct me as to where i would find it?? I obviously am very new and inexperienced at this!
by michaud
09 Apr 2010, 22:23

Thank you Suanj...you have been very helpful. I have spent many hours looking for information that you found very quickly. I now have information that i will hopefully be able to follow up with. I only hope that my grandfather did not give up his citizenship....im not sure what some of the informati...
by michaud
09 Apr 2010, 21:09

Thanks Suanj....you are so knowledgeable.
How would i find out this info that you suggest....along with timelines.
This is all very new to me.
by michaud
09 Apr 2010, 21:07

Everyone here is so helpful....i am so grateful. I dont know how to get this info but.....i know my grandfather was widowed when he married my grandmother in Nova Scotia in 1920. So by the posts i assume he married in Celano to Santa. Somehow i have to put the timelines together of his marriages, mo...
by michaud
09 Apr 2010, 20:25

Wow....you guys are amazing!! I have spent many countless hours trying to get this info. I dont believe that he arrived in 1920 though as he married my grandmother in 1920 (i have the wedding certificate). But you are correct about the cousin Biagio as he signed their wedding certificate. I also hav...
by michaud
09 Apr 2010, 19:20

Villa

Hello everyone.....
I am looking for some information on my grandfather Simplicio Villa born 1893 in Celano Italy.....
i would appreciate any info possible or even where to start.
Thanks.