Search found 15139 matches

by suanj
15 Sep 2005, 16:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Betchetti / Becchetti
Replies: 8
Views: 9549

Re: Betchetti / Becchetti

in 1881 England census was , - BECHETTI spelling : Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Residence View Image Save This Alice M. A. Bechetti abt 1878 Yorkshire, Yorkshire, England Daughter 13 Elmwood St, York St Lawrence, Yorkshire, England Francis Bechetti abt 1850 Yorkshire, Yorkshire...
by suanj
15 Sep 2005, 16:19
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: San Mauro Forte, Matera
Replies: 14
Views: 14535

Re: San Mauro Forte, Matera

Hi, Hope someone can help, My parents too both came from San Mauro Forte, Im trying to research the Caresimo name, its been a bit difficult as there are not many of them in the world, anyone point me in the right direction of where I can get more info. My fathers surnme was caresimo and my mothers ...
by suanj
15 Sep 2005, 13:40
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Ellis Island Manifest-could it be wrong?
Replies: 5
Views: 5146

Re: Ellis Island Manifest-could it be wrong?

Hi, perhaps, same Luigi Marrone( mistaken in Merrone) from Acerra, back in Italy and again after in USA; are an ship's manifest about this people, final destination Chicago, ILL, and mother in Acerra is Maria DI FALCO, so he don't is your ancestor http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManifest.asp?order...
by suanj
14 Sep 2005, 14:01
Topic: Pioli Family -Lucca, Massa Carrara / Camporgiano (a)
Replies: 1
Views: 2994

Re: Pioli Family -Lucca, Massa Carrara / Camporgiano (a)

My Great Grandfather Guiseppe Pioli 35, arrived in US July 23 1910 = last city was listed at Massa Carrara His wife Angela 41 (maiden name Crudeli) , along with children:Maria 11, Ortensia9, Silvio 8, and Luigi 3 followed on December 06,1913 - last city listed was Camporgiano. Looks like they were ...
by suanj
13 Sep 2005, 19:37
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Paterno, Potenza, Basilicata
Replies: 3
Views: 6791

Re: Paterno, Potenza, Basilicata

Hi girty, about Paterno ( common from 1973 before was Marsiconuovo hamleth) are this
http://www.comune.paterno.pz.it/sito/paese/storia.htm
urponline@comune.paterno.pz.it

Bye, suanj
by suanj
13 Sep 2005, 19:29
Topic: DelColle - DelCollo - Spinelli - Riccia
Replies: 4
Views: 5417

Re: DelColle - DelCollo - Spinelli - Riccia

Hi: this are DEL COLLE living in Riccia http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi?btt=1&tl=2&tr=101&tc=&cb=&tq=2&qs=del+colle&qsn=&dv=riccia&ind=&nc=&x=0&y=0 for civil records, you can see Riccia microfilms in Mormons center: Registri dello stato civile,...
by suanj
13 Sep 2005, 02:04
Topic: My family roots, Farabi, renzacci, blessant
Replies: 18
Views: 13650

Re: My family roots, Farabi, renzacci, blessant

Hi Cathy: normally the first destination of an italian emigrant rarely was the definitive destination; so is possible that someone of this Giovanni was your ancestor; if you can provide us about the birthyear perhaps fo we are better .. thanks, suanj
by suanj
12 Sep 2005, 22:46

Hi Cathy, from an first, but long search, referring Kansas as final destination -I found only 1 Blessent person from Sparone that came in Kansas city: Giacomo Blassent Sparone, Italy 1913 27 and joining Giacomo ROLANDO cousin in Kansas City; - referring Martino first name, are an Martino Blessent fi...
by suanj
12 Sep 2005, 21:32

Dear Cathy, Debbie provide you an very good source for italian record... However, this is an resume and is an very good point of starting: 1. Martino BLESSENT 1.1 John(Giovanni) married to Caterina 1.2 Joe (Giuseppe) 1.3 Dom (Domenico) 1.4 Jocco (Rocco) .. untill 1.18.. well I wish search with this ...
by suanj
12 Sep 2005, 19:46

Yes I understand now, however I found an Catterina(Caterina) Blessent from Sparone that joining Martino husband in Moreci(?).. Arizona...in 1899 http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 3226020018
suanj
by suanj
12 Sep 2005, 13:43
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Guatieri Family History
Replies: 66
Views: 62557

Re: Guatieri Family History

Now, could be that really your ancestors came from Scapoli, because the Franciosi was from Scapoli... waiting Scapoli common reply you.. regards, suanj
by suanj
12 Sep 2005, 11:07
Topic: BONAT(T)Os in Brazil
Replies: 7
Views: 4705

Re: BONAT(T)Os in Brazil

Vicenza...- oh yes, all is possible, but i want say you that the Cazzolato surname is very rare and present in Treviso area, but also is possible that in the past was also in Padova or Vicenza areas... suanj
by suanj
12 Sep 2005, 11:05
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Professione?
Views: 8841

Re: Professione?

Thank you suanj and Maria. My eyes are crossed from staring at the word for so long. The first letter looks very similar to the "S" in Sindaco and Settembre. I have been wondering if the word could possibly be Servitore. Maria, I have seen the atto di solenne promessa. No profession is li...
by suanj
11 Sep 2005, 23:24
Topic: BONAT(T)Os in Brazil
Views: 4705

Re: BONAT(T)Os in Brazil

Alexandre, the reply isYES; but please to understnd very well: NO certificate of marriage of some son or daughter, but YES processo para casamento that are all documents for the just wedding, and normally , in Brazil, are in Municipio archive... the processo para casamento was in Brasil from abt 189...
by suanj
11 Sep 2005, 23:15

I have been reading a lot of emails and I can't believe the help from the masters. I have been trying to research my father's side of the family. The last name is Blessant and they came from Sparone, Canovesse. My great-grandfather was named Martin,, I believe and the story goes that he had 5 wifes...