Search found 295 matches

by mjclayton1
14 Aug 2020, 06:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carmela's last name
Replies: 4
Views: 821

Carmela's last name

Hello, All- It's been awhile since I've posted here. I hope everyone is doing well these days, staying healthy and safe... This one is tough. Anyone care to make a guess as to Carmela's surname? She is the deceased mother of Nicolina Bonnano - the subject of the death record. This morti record is da...
by mjclayton1
21 Jan 2020, 00:35
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Download Antenati documents into FTM
Replies: 2
Views: 1829

Re: Download Antenati documents into FTM

FTM? FTM = Family Tree Maker @edilalla142 I don't know of any such method myself, but do wish there was a download function from Antenati. My guess is there are copyright matters precluding that being the case. When using my MacBook Air, a work-around is that I simply use Command+Shift+4 function. ...
by mjclayton1
19 Jan 2020, 23:55
Topic: Family Search Download button
Views: 1053

Re: Family Search Download button

Thanks for the response GF77, but, yeah, I'm definitely logged in when this happens. I've dowloaded thousands and thousands of these records in the past half dozen years so, so this is a recent phenomenon for me. Again, I haven't searched in several months and just am wondering if perhaps there had ...
by mjclayton1
19 Jan 2020, 19:33
Topic: Family Search Download button
Views: 1053

Family Search Download button

Hello, Forum- After having taken an extended break from genealogy since my memorable trip to Montreal and Toronto in August (where I found my Italian grandfather and his parents buried in Holy Sepulchre cemetery in Burlington, which lies just outside Hamilton), I haven't had occasion to use Family S...
by mjclayton1
26 Oct 2019, 18:00
Topic: Searching for my Grandfather Amerigo Biagi
Replies: 9
Views: 2271

Re: Searching for my Grandfather Amerigo Biagi

Always amazes me how good these "pros" are here. These are great finds. I recollect seeing the Biagi surname in my intensive Lucca searching from several years ago (Capannori/Badia Di Cantignano/Vorno and also Gallicano).

Good job, suanj! :D
by mjclayton1
24 Oct 2019, 18:27
Topic: our moderator and friend Nuccia lost the mother
Replies: 5
Views: 2520

Re: our moderator and friend Nuccia lost the mother

Nuccia-

Losing your mother is one of the most difficult things a person can ever experience in life (I know it was for me). You have my sincere condolences.

Mark
by mjclayton1
24 Oct 2019, 15:57
Topic: Message to Moderator (Nuccio)
Views: 1400

Re: Message to Moderator (Nuccio)

Maybe I'm wrong, but, as far as I know, PM's stay in Outbox until they are read (though they are actually sent). After they are read by the addressee, they are automatically moved into the Sent Messages Box. I have 21 messages in my Outbox at the moment, one since 2012! Oh, wow. I didn’t know that....
by mjclayton1
24 Oct 2019, 05:59
Topic: Message to Moderator (Nuccio)
Views: 1400

Message to Moderator (Nuccio)

Hi- Sorry for posting this message here, but I tried to PM a Moderator and am having the very same issue I want to inquire with them about: My recent messages are stuck in my Outbox. Can someone look into this? I tried to send a message to Nuncio... but now THAT message is also now stuck in the Outb...
by mjclayton1
06 Jul 2019, 19:06
Topic: Faint record - Nicolina Bonanno
Views: 1135

Re: Faint record - Nicolina Bonanno

Hi, Erudita-

Nice to hear from you and also have your input here. The writing is so faint that it's just hard to know. I may just end up looking from 1842 backwards for all decedents who have the first name Carmela. Maybe I'll get lucky there.

Thanks.

Mark
by mjclayton1
06 Jul 2019, 17:42

Re: Faint record - Nicolina Bonanno

Hi, T- Thanks for your expert eye(s) here. Looking at other nearby records, I see now they refer to church parish/cathedral (parrocchia cattedrale) after the widows's name. That's not terribly important, I know. After Carmela, it refers to the last name and then also "morta", correct? I'm ...
by mjclayton1
06 Jul 2019, 07:36

Faint record - Nicolina Bonanno

Hello, Forum- This is a tough one. The writing is quite faint. Can someone try and translate/correct/fill in the blanks? Record No. 31 Dated: 27 Feb 1842 at 5:00 PM, in the town hall of Santa Lucia del Mela, appeared Pietro Trifiro, age 50, cattle hand, and Mariano (?) Calderone, age 30 (?), farm ha...
by mjclayton1
04 Jul 2019, 01:51
Topic: Question from Death Cert
Replies: 6
Views: 1814

Re: Question from Death Cert

Lucia was mentioned as being the s daughter of (deceased) Giovanni, as well as (deceased) Angela (the mother). The underlined text is hard to make out, but I’m sure someone else here will figure it out for you. She was the widow of deceased Agostino. T. Hi, T. See what I get for trying to help? A s...
by mjclayton1
04 Jul 2019, 01:02
Topic: Question from Death Cert
Replies: 6
Views: 1814

Re: Question from Death Cert

Lucia was mentioned as being the son of (deceased) Giovanni, as well as (deceased) Angela (the mother). The underlined text is hard to make out, but I’m sure someone else here will figure it out for you.
by mjclayton1
03 Jul 2019, 15:17
Topic: Marriage Annotation - Concetta Trifiro
Replies: 3
Views: 953

Re: Marriage Annotation - Concetta Trifiro

Thanks very much, Pippo. You're always of great assistance to me here.

Mark
by mjclayton1
03 Jul 2019, 07:17
Topic: Marriage Annotation - Concetta Trifiro
Replies: 3
Views: 953

Marriage Annotation - Concetta Trifiro

Hello, Forum- Is always good to be back "snooping around" here... :D Can someone please translate the annotation for this Santa Lucia del Mela (Messina) record? No. 104 Concetta Trifiro https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-GTFF-5N?i=554&wc=93L9-K68%3A179053501%2C179348201&a...