Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I 'would' willingly help you with this Debby - BUT - I'm having problems with my PC at the moment. I cannot open any links (like yours), or any images from e.g.Google or even my own photo's and scans.
It is very frustrating. I thought it might be a virus, but the Norton tech team checked everything and it's not that. I fear that in trying to copy/download/export (?) an image I may have inadvertently altered the way images are read and opened.
But I'm sire there are plenty of others here who will be around before long and who will help you out...
I have 2 military documents of my great-grandfather's from WWI.
The first part of this document is obvious...
Royal Italian Army, 92nd reginment infantry
Soldier Balzando Francesco of Antonio.....??????
Soldier Balzando Francesco late Antonio to number 3235 of birthyear 1895 of 4° Regiment of this Infantry, it is authorized of symbol's tooling instituted with Royal Decree of 21 May 1916 n° 641
today 1 December 1916
the Colonel
Regiment Commander:
Sirchia
2nd Document I think is some type of insurance policy his mother would receive, I am assuming, if he were to die while fighting.
Istituto Nazionale delle Assicurazioni-Roma(Insurance company)
$500
for Serafina De Fronza made by Balzanti Francesco late Antonio born in Triggiano in the 1895 soldier in 50° Infantry Regiment-8° Company, in case of death in the battle.. etc... Francesco opting for immediate payment to widow in case of him death.. Roma 1 jan 1918...
My computer did the same thing yesterday... but I only had to restart it and it worked fine again. I couldn't open any links or my own pictures, etc either. I'm sorry yours is not such an easy fix and I wish i could tell you why mine did the same thing. Good luck.
Suanj,
Thank you very much for the translation! I am putting a book together for my family and now I can finish with my grandfather's side today!
I am confused by "to number 3235." Do you have any idea what it might mean??
Again, thank you. Your help honestly means a lot to me.
The legal requirements for recognition of Italian citizenship claims made by persons born abroad, but whose births were never registered with an Italian consular agency, vary considerably according to particular circumstances, and also depend upon existing treaties between the Italian Republic and v...