Help with new type of document please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
gennattasio
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 115
Joined: 24 Aug 2007, 00:00

Help with new type of document please

Post by gennattasio »

Anyone know what this document is for? I found it mixed in with a the marriage records. I don't need any specific dates or names from it, just wondering what it is.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65 ... 000864.jpg


http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65 ... 000863.jpg
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Help with new type of document please

Post by johnnyonthespot »

gennattasio wrote:Anyone know what this document is for? I found it mixed in with a the marriage records. I don't need any specific dates or names from it, just wondering what it is.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65 ... 000864.jpg


http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj65 ... 000863.jpg
"Episcopus" means Bishop. According to this page, Gerace in Calabria was known as Hieracensis. Hence, your document appears to have emanated from the office of the Bishop of Hieracensis/Gerace.

In fact, here we see that Giuseppe (Joseph) Maria Pellicano (b. 1864) was indeed the Bishop of Gerace 1818-1833.

Beyond that, I cannot make out enough of the words to perform a useful search.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help with new type of document please

Post by suanj »

it is a authorization for marriage, abt marital status( unmarried) of spouse/spouses.. no impediments for marriage...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply