Who do I contact to find info on my Great Grandfather?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
mgonzales
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 30
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: Albuqerque, New Mexico USA

Who do I contact to find info on my Great Grandfather?

Post by mgonzales »

It seems that no one in my family knows my Great Grandfathers Birth date or birth place...I was trying to acquire a working Visa to live in Italy for awhile and was told that I need his info since he was born there..is this true and who do I contact...any help would be very very appreciated
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Who do I contact to find info on my Great Grandfather?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

mgonzales wrote:It seems that no one in my family knows my Great Grandfathers Birth date or birth place...I was trying to acquire a working Visa to live in Italy for awhile and was told that I need his info since he was born there..is this true and who do I contact...any help would be very very appreciated
Would you mind telling us what you *do* know about your great grandfather?

Name:
Approximate year of birth: (even a 10 year range is better than nothing)
Spouse's full maiden name:
Married in Italy or ?:
Approximate date of emigration from Italy:
Where settled / resided after leaving Italy:
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Who do I contact to find info on my Great Grandfather?

Post by PeterTimber »

In additon to the request for his name and other information what is the family story about this Italian grandfather since oral family history can sometimes tell us what it does not tell you. =Peter=
Post Reply