Pardo Miozza death record?
Pardo Miozza death record?
The following is part of the marriage info for a Pasqualantonio Miozza. His father Carlo is dead. So is grandfather, Pardo. This is a death record for Pardo...
However, it doesn't seem like the dates are correct...and I am having trouble translating it. Any help would be greatly appreciated in helping me translate.
Thank you for your time.
http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... zzanx2.jpg
However, it doesn't seem like the dates are correct...and I am having trouble translating it. Any help would be greatly appreciated in helping me translate.
Thank you for your time.
http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... zzanx2.jpg
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Pardo Miozza death record?
I am here to help you translate. =Peter=
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Pardo Miozza death record?
I have some difficulties to decipher the entire document...Essgee wrote:The following is part of the marriage info for a Pasqualantonio Miozza. His father Carlo is dead. So is grandfather, Pardo. This is a death record for Pardo...
However, it doesn't seem like the dates are correct...and I am having trouble translating it. Any help would be greatly appreciated in helping me translate.
Thank you for your time.
http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... zzanx2.jpg
Pardo died on June 2, 1797
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Pardo Miozza death record?
FOR MATRIMONIAL USE
Extract of the book of Marriages in the
Year 1797
Because Pardo Miozza of casacalenda,aged 43, with gout and resident in his own home in the (shadow?) of San CC confessato fromthe expreme past to eternity was buried in this church by the Archbishop......Torella
Cascalenda 17 Nobember,1852
singarture and stamp of the Mayor of Cascalenda with notary stamp legalizing the document.
While translating this document is not my best moment I do hope it will help you. =Peter=
Extract of the book of Marriages in the
Year 1797
Because Pardo Miozza of casacalenda,aged 43, with gout and resident in his own home in the (shadow?) of San CC confessato fromthe expreme past to eternity was buried in this church by the Archbishop......Torella
Cascalenda 17 Nobember,1852
singarture and stamp of the Mayor of Cascalenda with notary stamp legalizing the document.
While translating this document is not my best moment I do hope it will help you. =Peter=
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Pardo Miozza death record?
The line On June 2, 1797 did not come thru sorry. =peter=
Re: Pardo Miozza death record?
just a bit ....abt this line:
............ at home, for gout agony died with last right confessed, it passed to eternity...............buried in this archipriest church....
regards, suany
............ at home, for gout agony died with last right confessed, it passed to eternity...............buried in this archipriest church....
regards, suany
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Pardo Miozza death record?
LucaPeterTimber wrote:FOR MATRIMONIAL USE
Extract of the book of Marriages in the
Year 1797
Because Pardo Miozza of casacalenda,aged 43, with gout and resident in his own home in the (grembo di Santa Cattolica Chiesa= in the womb of Saint Catholic Church) confessed and estremato (estremato= odd way to say: impartita l'estrema unzione imparted the extreme unction) past to eternity was buried in this church.
Signed by Antonio Archbishop Torella
Cascalenda 17 Nobember,1852
singarture and stamp of the Mayor of Cascalenda with notary stamp legalizing the document.
Re: Pardo Miozza death record?
Livio, Peter, and Suanj............
Thanks so much. I was thinking he should have been born prior to 1754, but I guess not.
This helps tremendously...and I am most appreciative to each of you...
Have a great weekend!
Susan
Thanks so much. I was thinking he should have been born prior to 1754, but I guess not.
This helps tremendously...and I am most appreciative to each of you...
Have a great weekend!
Susan
Re: Pardo Miozza death record?
Well, I must admit it is confusing. Have a copy of the death record of Carlo Miozza, son of Pardo. Settanta is age...70? Year is 1835. So assume birth to be about 1865. Meaning Pardo (above) born in 1854 will probably not work.
So there is an error somewhere. I am going to have to dig a lot more!
Thanks guys.
So there is an error somewhere. I am going to have to dig a lot more!
Thanks guys.
Re: Pardo Miozza death record?
Can you post the other docs? We can try to solve the "dilemma".
For example, in handwriting it's easy to confuse sessanta (70) with settanta (60).
Luca
For example, in handwriting it's easy to confuse sessanta (70) with settanta (60).
Luca
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Pardo Miozza death record?
Thnaks for filling in the missing pieces.. I wrestled with grembo since it could be bosom, lap or womb???=Peter=
Re: Pardo Miozza death record?
Luca.....
I think you solved the problem for me with the age....I must have read it wrong.
Here is the other document....maybe you can confirm.
http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ordie8.jpg
I think you solved the problem for me with the age....I must have read it wrong.
Here is the other document....maybe you can confirm.
http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ordie8.jpg
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Pardo Miozza death record?
The death date is clearly stated in the 3rd line of the document:PeterTimber wrote:The line On June 2, 1797 did not come thru sorry. =peter=

The full translation is:
FOR MATRIMONIAL USE
Extract of the book of the deceased in the Year 1797
The day two June of onethousandsevenhundrednightyseven [June 2, 1797], Pardo Miozza of Casacalenda, aged 43, with gout, in his own home, in the in the bosom of the Saint Catholic Church, after confession and extreme unction, passed to eternity. The body was buried in this church ....Torella
Casacalenda 19 November, 1852
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Pardo Miozza death record?
When he died (on Feb. 8, 1835), Carlo Miozza was 70 (seventy) years old. His birth year is 1765, when his father Pardo was 11!!!Essgee wrote:Luca.....
I think you solved the problem for me with the age....I must have read it wrong.
Here is the other document....maybe you can confirm.
http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ordie8.jpg
Re: Pardo Miozza death record?
I think the problem is the Carlo's death act. As you can see, it was filled up with the declarations given to the registrar by the brother in low of Carlo, that (i suppose) didn't know the exact age of him. In my experience it's very rare to find a correct age in a death act before 1866 (year of the institution of italian civil status), but very often they were approximately indicated.
I think you must find for Carlo's birth or, at least, Pardo and Carmina's marriage.
I bet he was born around 1775
Luca
I think you must find for Carlo's birth or, at least, Pardo and Carmina's marriage.
I bet he was born around 1775
Luca
