Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
No peter lo que necesito es una persona amable que me pueda hacer un favor de dejar una carta en la Comuna o algo por le estilo ya que estoy mandando faxes y mails y no recibo respuesta ninguna, es solo eso.
Abrazo
I need some person from Mortara-Pavia because I am sending e-mails and faxes to the Comunity of Mortara and they don´t answer me anything.
Maybe they are very busy or maybe they don´t RECEIVE the faxes and e-mail. So, I am looking for some friendly person from Mortara who can give the letter to the Comune.
It´s a letter in italian for the ANAGRAFE section.
I think part of my family came from there and it could be very important for my genealogic tree.
Thank you everybody!
Hi Lisandro,
I found this page on the Comune di Mortara website under Demografia where there is a direct e-mail to request certificates. You can try it if you havent' sent your request here before. http://www.comune.mortara.pv.it/aserviz ... rafia.html
Thank you very much!
I´ve sent the letter to that page, and I have also sent it by the fax that is written there, but I didn´t have any answer at all.
I think the best way to be sure that the letter get into the Comune is that some friendly person from Mortara leave it there.
If somebody lives in Mortara, I would be grateful if he makes me that favor.
Thank you very much
Peter, I was told by Lisandro that he could read some Italian and in that website he only needed to click on the e-mail address and send the request.
Lisandro, there is also another page where you can ask directly the Mayor. If you havent' tried it yet, you can repeat your request here: http://www.comune.mortara.pv.it/contatti.html
The sentence says: Fill up and send the form here below. The Mayor will answer to you.
Nome (Name) Cognome (Surname)
Indirizzo (Address) Città (Town)
CAP (Zip code) Prov. (Province) E-mail
Note (in this case it stands for Message)
Invia (Send.)
I think they will answer but Mortara is a big town. It might take a while. Be patient.
Well, as Ada said. Maybe I just have to waut a little bit.
I also did all i can do from here (send e-mails by the page, by outlook, faxes, etc)
I will wait a little bit. If I don´t get any answer, I will try to get in contact with somebody from Mortara to make me a favor to leave the letter in the Comune bulding
Thank you everybody!
Other Thing.
Does anybody know an Italian page where are a list, or something like that, with ships who left Italy in 1888?
I need the ships froma Italy to Argentina between january and may.
I can´t get those ships here. I don´t know why but it´s only ships from june to dicember for that year here.
Dear Lisandro there are websites about immigrant ships leaving Italy but they are very incomplete, not very organized and most from what I know over the years are directed to NY. Perhaps if you go to http://www.italywgw.org/archive/ship_pa ... lists.html you will see what I mean.
There might be something for Argentina but nothing comes immediatel;y to mind. =Peter=
Dear Lisandro the reason why the ships are listed for June to December is that this is the beginning of Spring and Summer in the southern Hemisphere.
But more importantly you are better off seeking the names of the persons you are interested instead of the ships since more often than not surnames are listed first and then comes the port and ships names as a result of finding the persons you are researching. =Peter=
Passenger list are more difficult to find than only the ships names.
A sister of mi GGF was born in the Uruguay. When they were comming here.
I have the day and the year thet she born. That is april 18, 1888.
So I am trying to find the ships that were here at that time.
That is the reason I am looking for the ship name. It is easier than passenger list.
An Italian novel for kids called "La Freccia Azzurra" (The Blue Arrow) says that all the children in the world wait for Christmas Eve to get presents from Santa Clause, but Italian kids are the luckiest in the world because they get presents again on the 6th of January by the Befana. Who is the Befa...