Teta Family
Teta Family
Hello! My name is Nick Teta and I am searching the Teta family. I have just started my research. Read the, Post Teta Family, June 06,2008 by Debbie 5775. I have some info that I hope will add to the information.
My grand father is Vincenzo Teta born in 1906 in Darby, PA, USA - Birth Certificate # 120482. Return to Nusco at the age of two and after his Father's death return to live in Darby, Pa at the age of seventeen. His Parents were Nicola Teta, Steafanina Del Vecchia.
Nicola and Steafanina Teta had four children two boys and two girls; Vincenzo(name changed at Ellis Island to James Teta in USA), Angelo Michael Teta, Margarita and the forth I do not know the name of their sister.
What I know is Angelo Michael served in the Italian army in WWII and move to Buenos Aries, Argentina.
Vincenzo(James) Teta married Maria Felicella Maiorano June 01,1929 in the USA. Marriage certificate 54748. Three sons Nick J Teta, James Teta and Ralph Teta. I am the son of Nick J Teta.
Looking forward to any info that will help me.
Thank you,
Nick Teta
My grand father is Vincenzo Teta born in 1906 in Darby, PA, USA - Birth Certificate # 120482. Return to Nusco at the age of two and after his Father's death return to live in Darby, Pa at the age of seventeen. His Parents were Nicola Teta, Steafanina Del Vecchia.
Nicola and Steafanina Teta had four children two boys and two girls; Vincenzo(name changed at Ellis Island to James Teta in USA), Angelo Michael Teta, Margarita and the forth I do not know the name of their sister.
What I know is Angelo Michael served in the Italian army in WWII and move to Buenos Aries, Argentina.
Vincenzo(James) Teta married Maria Felicella Maiorano June 01,1929 in the USA. Marriage certificate 54748. Three sons Nick J Teta, James Teta and Ralph Teta. I am the son of Nick J Teta.
Looking forward to any info that will help me.
Thank you,
Nick Teta
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Teta Family
Since your starting out and would be better served by having a knowledge of what constitutes family genelaogy in Italy and the USA as well since you work backwards!!
Go to http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... earch.html
We are here to answer any questions that arise as you pursue your research objectives. =peter=
Go to http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... earch.html
We are here to answer any questions that arise as you pursue your research objectives. =peter=
Re: Teta Family
Peter,
Thank you for the reply and how to get a good start. I look forward to knowing more about my family. As of now our knowledge stops at Nicola Teta and his wife Steafanina.
Nick
Thank you for the reply and how to get a good start. I look forward to knowing more about my family. As of now our knowledge stops at Nicola Teta and his wife Steafanina.
Nick
Re: Teta Family
Do these records belong to your Nicola? If so, on the 1904 trip, he was travelling with a Giuseppe Della Vecchia, possibly a relative of Stefanina?
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0025
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0006
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0025
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0006
Re: Teta Family
Possible manifest for Stefanina with child, Michelina Teta? Unfortunately, manifest is hard to read. If it is the correct one, perhaps someone here, (vj or Biff, hint,hint) can find a better copy.
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0027
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0027
Re: Teta Family
Hi Misbris!
here is a better image:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Stefanina Della Vecchia
Name: Stefanina Della Vecchia
Arrival Date: 4 Oct 1905
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1879
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Port of Departure: Naplis
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Konig Albert
Search Ship Database: View the Konig Albert in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Line: 27
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_627
Page Number: 43
[img=http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4817 ... bo9.th.jpg]
Laura
here is a better image:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Stefanina Della Vecchia
Name: Stefanina Della Vecchia
Arrival Date: 4 Oct 1905
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1879
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Port of Departure: Naplis
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Konig Albert
Search Ship Database: View the Konig Albert in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Line: 27
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_627
Page Number: 43
[img=http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4817 ... bo9.th.jpg]
Laura
Re: Teta Family
Thanks Laura,
I almost forgot what a Whiz you were with Ancestry.
Sorry.
Mary Jo
I almost forgot what a Whiz you were with Ancestry.
Mary Jo
Re: Teta Family
Laura,
For some reason, I can't access it. What am I doing wrong?
For some reason, I can't access it. What am I doing wrong?
Re: Teta Family
Nick,
I don't know if you have a subscription to Ancestry.com or which are the records you already have but I found very nice this document for Vincenzo and decided to post it for you:
U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925
about Vincenzo Tete
Name: Vincenzo Tete
Birth Date: 18 Sep 1906
Birth Place: Darby, PA
RESIDENCE: Nusco, Italy
Passport Issue Date: 27 Oct 1923
Father Name: Nicola Tete
Father's Birth Location: Nusco, Prov, Atellino,
Father's Residence: Deceased
Passport Includes a Photo: Y
Source: Passport Applications, January 2, 1906 - March 31, 1925 (M1490)
page 1:
[img=http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7845 ... ua6.th.jpg]
page 2: (with photo)
[img=http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3964 ... mw8.th.jpg]
Laura
I don't know if you have a subscription to Ancestry.com or which are the records you already have but I found very nice this document for Vincenzo and decided to post it for you:
U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925
about Vincenzo Tete
Name: Vincenzo Tete
Birth Date: 18 Sep 1906
Birth Place: Darby, PA
RESIDENCE: Nusco, Italy
Passport Issue Date: 27 Oct 1923
Father Name: Nicola Tete
Father's Birth Location: Nusco, Prov, Atellino,
Father's Residence: Deceased
Passport Includes a Photo: Y
Source: Passport Applications, January 2, 1906 - March 31, 1925 (M1490)
page 1:
[img=http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7845 ... ua6.th.jpg]
page 2: (with photo)
[img=http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3964 ... mw8.th.jpg]
Laura
Re: Teta Family
Mary Jo and Laura,
Thank you so much! From the links you have provided I now know my Grandfather's sister name Michelina and a photo of Vincenzo at age 17. You both are FANTASTIC!
I am going to Ancestry.com now. Since my Post I have also been in contact with cousins who are providing more info on the Teta's. Thank you all for getting me off to a great start.
Regards,
Nick Teta
Thank you so much! From the links you have provided I now know my Grandfather's sister name Michelina and a photo of Vincenzo at age 17. You both are FANTASTIC!
I am going to Ancestry.com now. Since my Post I have also been in contact with cousins who are providing more info on the Teta's. Thank you all for getting me off to a great start.
Regards,
Nick Teta
Re: Teta Family
You are very welcome. If you need any other help, let us know.
Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas
Re: Teta Family
Were you abel to get information on your Nusco family? If not, please e-mail me and I will trace it back as far as i am able to with my database. I can tell you very quicky that Nicola is the son of Angelo Teta and Vincenza DelliGatti. She is the daughter of Angelo. Angelo is the son of Nicola. Nicola was married to Stefanina DallaVecchia in 1899. They had Angelo Michael in 1910 and Michelina in 1901. Again, let me know if you do not ahve information back, and I will research it further. Sherry
say5@earthlink.net
say5@earthlink.net
Re: Teta Family
Sherry, thank you for the offer, I will e-mail you what I have. I was able to find the parents of Angelo Teta he was the son of Nicola Teta (1780-1837) and Rosa Pastore. Nicola Teta (1780-1837) was the son of Giuseppe Teta and Maria. I have not made any progress from there.


