Latin Translations
Latin Translations
Can anyone recommend a good Latin translation book? I already have a basic one that's been somewhat useful, but I'm trying to do notary records that are just full of abbreviations... most of which aren't listed in the book I have. Thanks!
Re: Latin Translations
If you post the images with the words you can't understand underlined, maybe i can help you to solve the abbreviations (for notary records from XVII to XIX century).
There is also an on-line resource ( http://www.hist.msu.ru/Departments/Medieval/Cappelli/ ) that could help you... but it's not easy because each notary had a personal way to shorten words, however you can have a shot at doing it.
Luca
There is also an on-line resource ( http://www.hist.msu.ru/Departments/Medieval/Cappelli/ ) that could help you... but it's not easy because each notary had a personal way to shorten words, however you can have a shot at doing it.
Luca

