I am looking for ancestors from Montefalcone Italy.
Maria D'Alessio came to the US in 1911 with her nephew Carlo Formato.
Carlo's father was Giuseppe or Joseph Formato and was a tailor at Silverstone & Co. on Market St in Chicago. (about 1934)
We did have relatives in New York, Gregory and Teresa D'Alessio, but the search ends in 1900 on Elizabeth St. in New York.
Any help would be appreciated..
Montefalcone Italy
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Montefalcone Italy
First there are 3 Montefalcone towns in Italy with other names attached. So go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Montefalcone at the top and clcik CERCA and all three will come up and determine which one is the town of origin for your family.
If you know the town of origin click on the name and a website will come up and scroll down to where it says MUNICIPIO and that address is where you will send form letters for documents. Go to the following website for the form letters in Italian:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
If you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in D'AQlessio in the first line and the right Montefalcone inthe second line and click CERCA you may find persons with the surname D'Alessio in the telephone directory. You can then send them a potentialrelative letter in Italian with a form letter from http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html
Get back to us if you run into any problems. =Peter=
If you know the town of origin click on the name and a website will come up and scroll down to where it says MUNICIPIO and that address is where you will send form letters for documents. Go to the following website for the form letters in Italian:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
If you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in D'AQlessio in the first line and the right Montefalcone inthe second line and click CERCA you may find persons with the surname D'Alessio in the telephone directory. You can then send them a potentialrelative letter in Italian with a form letter from http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html
Get back to us if you run into any problems. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Montefalcone Italy
Thanks Peter,
The town is: Montefalcone di Val Fortore, and I do remember something about Beneveto. I think I did go to the site you mentioned and it was all in Italian which I can't read or speak. I'll try your suggestions.
The town is: Montefalcone di Val Fortore, and I do remember something about Beneveto. I think I did go to the site you mentioned and it was all in Italian which I can't read or speak. I'll try your suggestions.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Montefalcone Italy
Thanks again,
I found 3 telephone numbers for D'Alessio in Montefalcone Di Val Fortore.
I think this will be my starting point.
I found 3 telephone numbers for D'Alessio in Montefalcone Di Val Fortore.
I think this will be my starting point.
