In July, 1905, Domenico Ventrelli, aged 28, crossed the border from Montreal into the US aboard the Grand Trunk Railroad (?). He was originally from "Torricella", presumably Provincia di Taranto, Regione Puglia.
I am interested in locating the manifest for the ship which took him from Italy to Canada. Any help would be appreciated.
The name of the ship is in the image below. Manuel Caloo?
Ship's manifest, Italy -> Canada
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Ship's manifest, Italy -> Canada
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Ship's manifest, Italy -> Canada
probably Manuel Calvojohnnyonthespot wrote: The name of the ship is in the image below. Manuel Caloo?
possible 1904 manifest to NY
Re: Ship's manifest, Italy -> Canada
1904 manifest:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0008
Last residence: Torricella Sicura, province: Teramo - region: Abruzzo
Biff
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0008
Last residence: Torricella Sicura, province: Teramo - region: Abruzzo
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Ship's manifest, Italy -> Canada
Hi Biff
!
You beat me to it!
Valarie
You beat me to it!
Valarie
- luvmynonnie
- Rookie

- Posts: 29
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00
Re: Ship's manifest, Italy -> Canada
LOL, first time I tried to help someone and you guys beat me to it! You all are the absolute best!
Glad the manifest was found
I don't know how to post what I found anyway
Lib
Glad the manifest was found
Lib
Re: Ship's manifest, Italy -> Canada
Hello, Valarie
I think we both were posting the manifest at about the same time.
Biff
I think we both were posting the manifest at about the same time.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Ship's manifest, Italy -> Canada
Thanks everyone. I guess I was thrown off-track because I assumed that he sailed into a Canadian port and then took the train into the US.
As it turns out, it appears that he sailed into New York in March 1904, went to Montreal (immediately?) for some period of time, then took the train into the US (going to Portland, Maine) in July 1905.
As it turns out, it appears that he sailed into New York in March 1904, went to Montreal (immediately?) for some period of time, then took the train into the US (going to Portland, Maine) in July 1905.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!