Can someone please translate the notation in the lower right hand corner of Francesco Paolella's birth record. I know it refers to my ggrandfather's marriage to Maria Marta Vincenza Valentino; but I am confused by the two dates?? They were from Santa Maria La Fossa, Grazzanise. I cannot read the rest of the notation ??
http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae28 ... la1862.jpg
Thanks,
Marie
Translation of a Notation on birth record
- MarieVolbeda
- Newbie

- Posts: 24
- Joined: 01 Aug 2009, 04:41
Re: Translation of a Notation on birth record
Marie,
It's difficult to read but I think the first date 11/30/1883 is the day they made their intent to marry.......then they publish the banns at the church, etc. and the second date 3/21/1884 is when they had their marriage ceremony.
It's difficult to read but I think the first date 11/30/1883 is the day they made their intent to marry.......then they publish the banns at the church, etc. and the second date 3/21/1884 is when they had their marriage ceremony.
Re: Translation of a Notation on birth record
The document translated reads as follows:
On the 30th of November 1883, the official of the civil state of S. Maria La Fossa, Frazione of Grazzanise, married Francesco Paolella with Maria Marta Vincenza Valentino.
I believe the date of March 21, 1884 is the date the notation was added to the margin of the birth record. The date of the marriage was definitely Nov 30, 1883
On the 30th of November 1883, the official of the civil state of S. Maria La Fossa, Frazione of Grazzanise, married Francesco Paolella with Maria Marta Vincenza Valentino.
I believe the date of March 21, 1884 is the date the notation was added to the margin of the birth record. The date of the marriage was definitely Nov 30, 1883
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Translation of a Notation on birth record
I agree 100%.maestra36 wrote:The document translated reads as follows:
On the 30th of November 1883, the official of the civil state of S. Maria La Fossa, Frazione of Grazzanise, married Francesco Paolella with Maria Marta Vincenza Valentino.
I believe the date of March 21, 1884 is the date the notation was added to the margin of the birth record. The date of the marriage was definitely Nov 30, 1883
- MarieVolbeda
- Newbie

- Posts: 24
- Joined: 01 Aug 2009, 04:41
Re: Translation of a Notation on birth record
Thank you!! You are all so amazing for your quick responses and your willlingness to help.
Marie
Marie
