Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
The document says that on 21st of May 1894 at 8:05 a.m., a male baby, by the name of Luigi Palmieri, was born to Pasquale Palmieri and Filomena Verrillo. The extracted record is from Part I of the register for the acts of birth for 1894 and is act or record number 53. There are no annotations.
I have a question. Is there a document that I can get from This same area that will tell me all family members born to Pasqualle and Filomena Palmieri?
Or, do I need to request each document of family members I am aware of seperately?
I was also hoping to get some sort of marriage document of Pasquale and Filomena.
You can request a record called a Stato di Famiglia (status of the family certificate) from your town's anagrafe or registry office. Tell them that you want it for the family of Pasquale Palmieri and Filomena Verrillo. Women in the Italian records are always under their maiden names. Anyway, this record should give you a list of all of their children. All of their dates of birth should be on that record as well. Once you have that, you could then estimate the year that Pasquale and Filomena got married (I'm assuming you don't already have that information) and try to get their marriage record from the same office.
One of the most fun things that I discovered in my research was finding my look alike ancestor, Prince Marino Caracciolo II. Don Marino descends from the Caracciolo Rossi family, one of the oldest families in Naples, that date back to 950 AD. He was born in Atripalda on 9-6-1587 and died in Naples o...