Help translating this letter to possible cousin

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
Squigy
Master
Master
Posts: 724
Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 06:05
Location: Texas, USA (Born in Pennsylvania)

Help translating this letter to possible cousin

Post by Squigy »

(His name),

I was searching around for (his surname) living in (town) and I found your name. You see, I live in America, but my ancestors were from Italy and their last name was (surname), and they came from (town). My great great grandfather was (great great grandfather's name) born in 1880, and his parents were Angelo and Felicia (surname). Giuseppe came to America, but he had a couple of brothers who stayed in Italy. The two I know of were Francesco and Michell. Do any of these names sound familiar? Are you related to them? Anyway, I hope you are able to help me. You can email me at (my email).


-(My name)

Thanks to anyone who can help!
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
User avatar
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 198
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35

Re: Help translating this letter to possible cousin

Post by CowryShells »

Sorry, I'm not able to translate, but I understand that the style of writing is generally more formal than your letter. Have you seen this sample?
http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... #relatives

Found another:
http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... etter.html
Post Reply