(His name),
I was searching around for (his surname) living in (town) and I found your name. You see, I live in America, but my ancestors were from Italy and their last name was (surname), and they came from (town). My great great grandfather was (great great grandfather's name) born in 1880, and his parents were Angelo and Felicia (surname). Giuseppe came to America, but he had a couple of brothers who stayed in Italy. The two I know of were Francesco and Michell. Do any of these names sound familiar? Are you related to them? Anyway, I hope you are able to help me. You can email me at (my email).
-(My name)
Thanks to anyone who can help!
Help translating this letter to possible cousin
Help translating this letter to possible cousin
My Italian surnames:
Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone
Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile
Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone
Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile
Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
- CowryShells
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35
Re: Help translating this letter to possible cousin
Sorry, I'm not able to translate, but I understand that the style of writing is generally more formal than your letter. Have you seen this sample?
http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... #relatives
Found another:
http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... etter.html
http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... #relatives
Found another:
http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... etter.html
