I don't want to list myself as a total beginner, but I'm definitely not at the intermediate level either. I'm looking for suggestions on things I can find on the Web to read (in Italian) that will help me get my comprehension up.
I've been talking with friends and family on Facebook as well as via email in Italian, but keep scrambling back to tools like Google Translate to help me out. I am also fluent in French so I also use that to help me figure out words but wondered what else folks here might recommend?
best source for samples to read?
- vintagegamer
- Veteran

- Posts: 144
- Joined: 17 Dec 2007, 03:54
- Contact:
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: best source for samples to read?
Do you mean reference works such as http://www.wordreference.com ?
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- vintagegamer
- Veteran

- Posts: 144
- Joined: 17 Dec 2007, 03:54
- Contact:
Re: best source for samples to read?
I just wondered if there was a place with sample documents or letters that were at a fairly basic level of writing that I could use to improve on my italian reading and comprehension.
Re: best source for samples to read?
If your goal is to be able to read Italian records, then take a look at this site. Very helpful with document content translation, and deciphering handwriting.
http://static.immigrants.byu.edu/Downlo ... efault.htm
T.
http://static.immigrants.byu.edu/Downlo ... efault.htm
T.
- DeFilippis78
- Master

- Posts: 1144
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19
Re: best source for samples to read?
Ive had it suggested to me from a relative who taught herself Italian to get childrens books from the library in Italian or an Italian bible. She found it very helpful when starting out. Im not sure if your past that point though.
Alicia
Alicia