Pietro Ianniello birth
Re: Pietro Ianniello birth
Scipiano appears to be the father's first name. I see that as a first name but have no idea what it translates to in English
Re: Pietro Ianniello birth
Scipione è un nome proprio di persona italiano maschile. Scipione is a proper name of an Italian male person (from wikipedia), but I do see it written as Scipiano on passenger lists
Re: Pietro Ianniello birth
Great find, Peg!
I couldn't decide if it was an "s" or "p"

T.
I couldn't decide if it was an "s" or "p"
T.
Re: Pietro Ianniello birth
Very unusual name, to be sure though. Have never seen it in all the years I have been doing this kind of research. Leave it to Jim to find something to almost totally stump us. Anyway, as Scipiano, I do see it on a few passenger lists. I see it also on virgilio.it when I do a search on that search engine.
Re: Pietro Ianniello birth
Hey! I resemble that remark.
Would the picture be much different if I try to scan it again for you? I do try to provide quality images, but sometimes the scanner sees the film clear on 1 edge and not on the other.
Thank you so much for your research. It is appreciated.
Jim
Would the picture be much different if I try to scan it again for you? I do try to provide quality images, but sometimes the scanner sees the film clear on 1 edge and not on the other.
Thank you so much for your research. It is appreciated.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Re: Pietro Ianniello birth
Hi Jim,
Try setting a book or something heavy on the paper when you scan...
Sometimes it works.
Yes, Peg. I haven't seen the name before. Checked all the sources I have and came up empty...but hey...there is meaning behind every name!
T.
Try setting a book or something heavy on the paper when you scan...
Sometimes it works.
Yes, Peg. I haven't seen the name before. Checked all the sources I have and came up empty...but hey...there is meaning behind every name!
T.
Re: Pietro Ianniello birth
Hi T.
I scan directly from the microfilm. It slides under the glass. There is no control except to focus the lens.
It is a wonderful machine, but somehow the film isn't always perfectly flat. I don't know why. Sometimes I have to try to find a happy medium when focusing. I'm working on that.
Thank you,
Jim
I scan directly from the microfilm. It slides under the glass. There is no control except to focus the lens.
It is a wonderful machine, but somehow the film isn't always perfectly flat. I don't know why. Sometimes I have to try to find a happy medium when focusing. I'm working on that.
Thank you,
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Re: Pietro Ianniello birth
I know what you mean...I have them same problem on the microfilm scanner at the FHC here.
T.
T.
