Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I have this Atti Di Matrimonio for a sibling of my ggf. I'm hoping his age is 29. I am also struggling with date of marriage, her age, and her mother's name. I believe I have everything else figured out.
Thank you so much.
Jim
This is what I see. Don't know if T will agree-
Nov 26, 1891
age 29 groom
bride-I was going to say 23, but the first letter is formed differently and I don't know what else it could be-T- what do you think?
bride's mother Nunziata Papiro
Jim
What looks to you like the letter L looks to me to be the loop coming down from the letter q in questa. Of course, just to make life difficult, both surnames exist in your town.
Peg
Peg,
I actually thought that dot was a blemish on the document. I haven't any strong feelings about this name.
I may never know until I find the birth act of the bride or the matrimoni of Antonio and Nunziata.
Thank you for your help.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
T
I originally was going with 23 as the date of the marriage until I looked at the height of the t in what we agree is the age of Maria. I thought the second t was so much shorter than the other letter Ts in the document and that was why I changed my mind and went to 26 as the date.
As to the surname- I still see Papiro and that is my first choice, but hopefully Jim will find another document which will settle this once and for all. I see how you can see Papale, but I still think there is a dot and not just a blemish over what I see as the letter i, but that is my personal opinion and, as I told Jim, I could be wrong.
Jim
Out of all the towns in which I have done microfilmed research, I just can't believe how much variation there is in the formation of the individual letters throughout a single document in this town. Sorry if my perceptions are adding to the confusion.
Peg
In its most general sense, the term genealogy refers to the study of family history, while encompassing such related fields as ethnology, onomatology and --in rather few cases-- heraldry. It is important to bear in mind that genealogy forms part of the framework of general history. The best genealog...