Hello,
Can someone possibly give me some direction.
My grandmothers family is from Montemaggiore Belsito, Italy...the Family name is Tripi and I would like to start searching through church records if they are available.
Can anyone give me some suggestions?
Pilot Search has records from:
Altofonte: Parrochia di Santa Maria d'Altofonte
Balestrate: Parrochia di Sant Anna
Bisaquino: Parrochia di San Giovanni Battista
Campofiorito: Parrochia di San Guiseppe
Camporeale: Parrochia di Sant' ANtonio di Padova
Rocca Monreale: Frazione di Palermo
I am hopeful maybe I can have as much luck as I did with my Milazzo relatives.
Many thanks in Advance,
bhamMilazzo
Montemaggiore Belsito, Italy - Catholic
Re: Montemaggiore Belsito, Italy - Catholic
There are no microfilmed church records for the town, only state civil records as follows:
Registri dello stato civile di Montemaggiore Belsito (Palermo), 1820-1910
From the Italian yellow pages:
Parrocchia S. Agata V.M.
1, PIAZZA BASILICA
0020 Montemaggiore Belsito (PA)
tel: 091 8993281
Unless the Mormons ever photograph the records from the parish, or someone from the parish itself ever puts its records online, I would say it is highly unlikely that you will find such records on the internet.
Registri dello stato civile di Montemaggiore Belsito (Palermo), 1820-1910
From the Italian yellow pages:
Parrocchia S. Agata V.M.
1, PIAZZA BASILICA
0020 Montemaggiore Belsito (PA)
tel: 091 8993281
Unless the Mormons ever photograph the records from the parish, or someone from the parish itself ever puts its records online, I would say it is highly unlikely that you will find such records on the internet.
- bhammilazzo
- Newbie

- Posts: 21
- Joined: 15 May 2010, 16:14
Re: Montemaggiore Belsito, Italy - Catholic
Well....I can't say I am surprised...when I saw the population size I was worried (under 4,000). Thanks for the info...I guess I'll need to contact the parish and make a formal request.
Thank you!
Mickey
Thank you!
Mickey
