Would someone please help me with these translations? They're a little hard to read.
http://img821.imageshack.us/i/mariaannacrop.jpg/
http://img815.imageshack.us/i/giovannicrop.jpg/
Thank you,
Help with Baptism translation
- chickenwoman
- Veteran

- Posts: 161
- Joined: 23 Jun 2010, 01:44
- Location: California
Re: Help with Baptism translation
The first record is a baptism record for a feminine infant born on the 19th (I don't see the name of the month) to Nicolo Salomone and Grazia Iannello, spouses of Monte. The infant was given the name Maria Anna. Godmother was Vincenza Giannasi of Rosario of Monte (there is a word before Rosario which I can't decipher). Possibly he was deceased. I'm guessing that the abbreviation after the 19 may be for the month of January, but I can't say this for sure.
Re: Help with Baptism translation
I think it says daughter in some degree (there is a Latin word quodam, I think), of Rosario of Monte.
Re: Help with Baptism translation
The second image is the baptism record for a feminine child born yesterday here in Monreale to Giuseppe San Filippo and Antonina (Savio?), spouses of Monreale, and given the name Giovanna. Godmother was Rosalia Amato, daughter in some degree of Filippo of Carini (?). I know there is a town Carini, so I think that is what it says, but am not 100%. Again, I don't see a year or month on the document.
- chickenwoman
- Veteran

- Posts: 161
- Joined: 23 Jun 2010, 01:44
- Location: California
Re: Help with Baptism translation
Thank you for your translations. These were from 1854 and the ink had bled through from the page behind. Even cleaned up they are hard to read.
Thanks again,
Thanks again,
Diane
- chickenwoman
- Veteran

- Posts: 161
- Joined: 23 Jun 2010, 01:44
- Location: California
Re: Help with Baptism translation
Thank you for your translations. These were from 1854 and the ink had bled through from the page behind. Even cleaned up they are hard to read.
Thanks again,
Thanks again,
Diane
Re: Help with Baptism translation
qm = qoundam
daughter of deceased...
daughter of deceased...
- chickenwoman
- Veteran

- Posts: 161
- Joined: 23 Jun 2010, 01:44
- Location: California
