Death Certificate
- awkleeberg
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 17:58
Death Certificate
Can anyone tell me how old this person was when she died? I would appreciate the information in Italian (so I can see where the info was located) and English. I am helping a friend with his genealogy.
I appreciate your help!
I appreciate your help!
Re: Death Certificate
Hello and welcome! 
Giuseppa was one month and 16 days old... Line 11
"mesi uno e giorni sedici"
Would you like a translation of the document?
T.
Giuseppa was one month and 16 days old... Line 11
"mesi uno e giorni sedici"
Would you like a translation of the document?
T.
- awkleeberg
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 17:58
Re: Death Certificate
Thank you so much! We had a feeling it was an infant. If it's not too much trouble, can you tell me what lines 12-14 say (In English and Italian again).
Thanks again!
Thanks again!
Re: Death Certificate
Lines 12-15
"nata in Lioni medesimo, da Tommaso, scalpellino, domiciliata in questo comune, e da Maria Rullo, contadina, domiciliata in Lioni stesso."
"born in very same Lioni to Tommaso, a stone cutter, residing in this town, and to Maria Rullo, peasant farmer, residing in Lioni also (same)"
T.
"nata in Lioni medesimo, da Tommaso, scalpellino, domiciliata in questo comune, e da Maria Rullo, contadina, domiciliata in Lioni stesso."
"born in very same Lioni to Tommaso, a stone cutter, residing in this town, and to Maria Rullo, peasant farmer, residing in Lioni also (same)"
T.
- awkleeberg
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 17:58
Re: Death Certificate
Thank you SO MUCH! We had found the birth certificate for the baby and then found this and wondered if it was the same person.
How sad....
I truly appreciate your help.
How sad....
I truly appreciate your help.
Re: Death Certificate
Glad to help out 
T.
T.
- awkleeberg
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 17:58
Re: Death Certificate
I have a question....why do you think the birth certificate has a different father listed (one month prior)? I can send the birth certificate if you like.
A.
A.
- awkleeberg
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 17:58
Re: Death Certificate
I am sending a copy of the birth certificate.
- awkleeberg
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 17:58
Re: Death Certificate
Here is a copy of the birth certificate. Doesn't it have Giuseppe B. as the father?
Thanks again for all your help. We have been struggling trying to read the Italian handwriting. You have really helped us out.
Thanks again for all your help. We have been struggling trying to read the Italian handwriting. You have really helped us out.
Re: Death Certificate
Well....
it looks like the same mother (Maria Rullo), but the father here is definitely listed as Giuseppe, age 46 or 49... Street is the same, but number of the house is different (one is 56, the other is 26)... Occupation of father is same...
Age is right for the child...
My guess... the clerk had a lapse of concentration on one of the documents while recording the father's name. You will need to find other documents (a baptism) to confirm the father's name
T.
it looks like the same mother (Maria Rullo), but the father here is definitely listed as Giuseppe, age 46 or 49... Street is the same, but number of the house is different (one is 56, the other is 26)... Occupation of father is same...
Age is right for the child...
My guess... the clerk had a lapse of concentration on one of the documents while recording the father's name. You will need to find other documents (a baptism) to confirm the father's name
T.
- awkleeberg
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 17:58
Re: Death Certificate
What is the correct spelling of the last name for Giuseppa "Guagliano"? I have attached to different documents with her name in them. We are unsure of the spelling.
Thanks for your help!
A.
Thanks for your help!
A.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Death Certificate
I believe the second example is actually Quaglianino (yes, with a "Q").
The name Quaglia is quite common in Italy today ( http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... btt=1&om=0 ); it is not too much of a stretch to assume the dimunitive ending "nino" added to Quaglia, even though it does not exist in the current telephone listings.
The first example I am less certain of...
The name Quaglia is quite common in Italy today ( http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... btt=1&om=0 ); it is not too much of a stretch to assume the dimunitive ending "nino" added to Quaglia, even though it does not exist in the current telephone listings.
The first example I am less certain of...
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Death Certificate
I agree with Carmine that the first letter is a "Q", but my gut tells me the name is spelled Quagliarino...
T.
T.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Death Certificate
I agree, it does look a bit like an "r", but I also considered a "c" in the first image making Quagliacino.Tessa78 wrote:I agree with Carmine that the first letter is a "Q", but my gut tells me the name is spelled Quagliarino...
T.
None of these three variant endings (rino, nino, cino) appear in the current Italian telephone directory, however a google search turns up several hits on "quagliarino" so it looks like you win this round, T.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!