Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I have the morti for Salvatore's father. I know some of the info but the script is defeating me.
I have 3 Jan 1898, the death of Luca de Lucia 88 deceased Nicola and deceased ???? ??????. He was married to Maria de Gennaro (deceased?).
That's the best I can do.
Help, please.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Jim
Since the document says that Luca was the widower of Maria de Gennaro, then obviously she was deceased. There is, however, no word in front of her name, like the word fu, to indicate that she was deceased.
Peg
I'm still having trouble deciphering the first name of the deceased Migliozzi
T
Any ideas concerning the first name of the deceased mother, Migliozzi??? When I first looked at it from a distance, I thought Maria, but it's not.
Peg
I knew the age was 86 and typed 88. Duh?
I was so excited that I had the document, that I rushed my message. It looks like you are stuck on the same name I was.
Thank you, Peg
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
I'll also drop an email to June in case she hasn't seen this post. This line is closer to hers than mine. She may know this name.
Thank you so much for a fine effort. We must be close.
Jim
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Jim
Maybe you'll see the name again in some other record and the handwriting will confirm that the name is Chiara. For now, I don't know what to say, but you did a really good job in even perceiving that name in the handwriting. I didn't see that at all.
Peg
I've made several cousin connections using ancestry.com. With many of them we will simply exchange an email here and there on ancestry.com and compare some notes. I find that most people go to ancestry.com mainly to have a DNA test, an aren't that interested in building a family tree, making connect...