Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
I'm doing some research on the italian side of my family, my granny was called Iolanda Cafolla and her parents were Carmine Cafolla and Maria Felice Mezza, i am just wondering if anyone else has any further information or has cafolla blood in them?
Some cafolla relatives of mine own a cafe in newtonards, northern ireland at warmpoint and i am really keen to learn more family history
feel free to share any of your information with me! thanks!
I think Iolanda was born in 1931 and her married surname was Burrows
I will check that out now thanks!
I'm not sure because i was on another form related to Maria Mezza, and it fit together, it said her italian parents moved to scotland which is where she was born, i think her father was called lorenzo xD
Hi CatCox, I'm totally new to this. ursala and johnyonthespot may have already answered your query. Maria Felice (Mezza) Cafolla born July 30, 1900 in Ayrshire Scotland. Passed away June 26, 1984 in Belfast. I got this from my cousin Ursala. Maria was your grandmother? Mine TOO. My mother is Rose (Cafolla) Mathews, sister to Yolanda (Burrows?). And I too have just begun my search for Cafolla descendents. Ursala has our Mezza side very well covered.
CatCox, I am most eager to make contact with you. A. because you are family B. I've been busy searching Cafolla relatives of ours. Your grandmother Yolanda (Cafolla) Burrows had/has 6 sisters and 1 brother. My own mother of course, Maria Rosa (Cafolla) Mathews, but wanted to tell you I have just recently made contact with 2 children of Maria Frances (Cafolla) Rehm, and hoping to make contact with her other 2 children shortly. I am hitting roadblock with Cafolla decendants in Ireland, and the UK, you are my first direct link there. We should compare notes.
Which Iolanda are you referring to? Is it the one referenced above? If so, then she was a Cafolla (parents Carmine Cafolla/Maria Felice Mezza) who married a Burrows.
The surname you may be thinking of though is Magliocco - lots of connections between the Cafollas, Mezzas and Maglioccos!
And, sorry, not sure who Peter Cafolla in Dublin was, but there will be a connection somewhere. Paul Mathews (posted above) is doing good work linking all the cafollas in Ireland and may be able to shed some light.
Hi Jaymie, Peter Cafolla?? 1957-1958 dob in Dublin. Will send this name to a Cafolla cousin of mine, will def keep you posted. I think my pm failed, am no expert with this computer as yet. Let's stay in touch shall we??
I need help searching out a GreatAuntie of mine and her decendants (if any) please. Maria Giuseppa Cafolla bn Jan 7,1891 (presumed in Cassalattico Italy). I've all 4 of her siblings well traced and contact with most. I assumed she possibly died in childhood as there is nothing in my notes to show she lived and emigrated to N Ireland as did her 4 siblings (my grandfather being one of the, Carmine Cafolla). New hints of info, uncooberated, has her marrying a Macari and moving to Scotland. "Giussepina" a possible name as well.
I am also researching the Italian side of my family. My great-great-grandmother was Lucia Marsela (Marcella, etc., spelled differently every time I find it, LOL). On her death certificate, it has no first names for parents, just last names. It shows father's last name as: Marcella and mother's last name as: Cafolla. Several records show Lucia was born in Italy, and on specifies Cervinara, but as of yet, I have been unable to locate any information about any of them in Italy.
A little extra info: Lucia married Pasquale Valente. They migrated to the US, along with their children (some born in Italy, and some in the UK. Their son (my great grandfather and who I was named after) was Camillo Valente, born in San Biagio Saracinisco in 1883.
If anyone has any info, I would deeply appreciate it. I'm currently living in Italy and recently visited San Biagio. Would love to know more on other ancestors. Who knows? Maybe I'll find family!
Ever since I was a little boy, my dad would show me my great grandfather's card, and tell me that he was a count in Italy. I was always intrigued by that, but never really thought about asking my grandmother questions, or anyone else for that matter. About ten years ago, as more and more information...