This is a portion of text in a letter from one of my ancestors. Is someone able to translate it for me?
I tried looking up verne, haverne, and other combinations with no luck. The full sentence reads:
"dondovi di nostre notizie e per ha verne da vo ialtri speranzosa che sarete tutti in buona salute"
"per ha verne da vo ialtri"???
- vintagegamer
- Veteran

- Posts: 144
- Joined: 17 Dec 2007, 03:54
- Contact:
Re: "per ha verne da vo ialtri"???
"dandovi nostre notizie e per averne da voi, speranzosa che sarete tutti in buona salute"vintagegamer wrote:"dondovi di nostre notizie e per ha verne da vo ialtri speranzosa che sarete tutti in buona salute"
It's always better to have the image to give you a right sentence, but I think that the meaning can be clear: the person who was writing gave news of his family, and he asked for news of the addressee's family, hoping that they all were in good healt.
L.
- vintagegamer
- Veteran

- Posts: 144
- Joined: 17 Dec 2007, 03:54
- Contact:
Re: "per ha verne da vo ialtri"???
Thank you very much for your help with this, Lucap. I have a copy of the letter scanned, but I think the file sizes are too big to upload here. 
VG
VG
Re: "per ha verne da vo ialtri"???
When posting large images you can upload to an image-hosting site and then post the link...
Good sites for this:
www.imageshack.com
www.photobucket.com
T.
Good sites for this:
www.imageshack.com
www.photobucket.com
T.
