I have the birth record for Francesco Rescigno born 10 Jul 1817. On the record it shows a birth name but in the notation at the top it says Francesco. Not sure what was happening with this baby since I cannot read all of it.
Can someone take a look for me.
http://a.imageshack.us/img442/7468/fran ... birth1.jpg
Thanks,
lilbees
Can you help with this record?
Can you help with this record?
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Can you help with this record?
The baby born in 1817 was recorded as presented by Giovanni Resigno. In 1843 the record was corrected to read that the father was Francesco di Giovanni and Antonia Molla
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Can you help with this record?
In 1843 by judge sentence, the right first name of child is Francesco correct and no Giovanni as wrote in the birth act, so:
Francesco Rescigno born the 10 jul 1817, son of Giovanni Rescigno and Antonia Mollo.
suanj
Francesco Rescigno born the 10 jul 1817, son of Giovanni Rescigno and Antonia Mollo.
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Can you help with this record?
Thank you so much Ann and Suanj. I have found several records for this family where the problems were similar. There was a Cristoforo Rescigno who was constantly mixed up with Crescenzo Rescigno. They always had the wife correct for the appropriate spouse but mixed up the men.
I have also learned that you can't believe the index numbers as I foolishly searched for that particular record number which it turned out to be not correct in many instances. Going record by record seems to be the best way to find some of these difficult records. Not sure they always knew how to number in order. But, again, search everything including birth month which is also not always correct in the index.
Just having to learn the hard way I guess.
Thank you again.
lilbees
I have also learned that you can't believe the index numbers as I foolishly searched for that particular record number which it turned out to be not correct in many instances. Going record by record seems to be the best way to find some of these difficult records. Not sure they always knew how to number in order. But, again, search everything including birth month which is also not always correct in the index.
Just having to learn the hard way I guess.
Thank you again.
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Can you help with this record?
I stand corrected! Thanks SUANJ. It was the word dize that confused me.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Can you help with this record?
no problem!
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
