May I have help transcribing a birth record?
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
At the moment, I'm completely stuck on the rest. I only see where it says that it was for use for matrimony.
- CowryShells
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
Is that toward the lower left, below the date: 1 agosto 1829? I can see "per" and then is the word for matrimonio abbreviated?
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
it's directly to the left of Luigi's signature. Luigi should be the parish priest who wrote the record from the information in his parish's book of baptisms. I believe it is pel uso (pel being an abbreviated form or contraction for per il (for the) and then I think it is the word for matrimony abbreviated. I have seen that on a lot of documents. When a copy of a baptism record was needed for a marriage, the priest would refer to the information in his book and then create a new document for marriage use, such as this particular document.
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
"pel uso per" and then the abbreviation for matrimony (just to clarify)
- CowryShells
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35
Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?
That's good to know, thank you!
Just before the first godparent's name, Carmine Cera, it looks like there is "G. a D." or am I just imagining things?
Just before the first godparent's name, Carmine Cera, it looks like there is "G. a D." or am I just imagining things?
