May I have help transcribing a birth record?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?

Post by maestra36 »

At the moment, I'm completely stuck on the rest. I only see where it says that it was for use for matrimony.
User avatar
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 198
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35

Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?

Post by CowryShells »

Is that toward the lower left, below the date: 1 agosto 1829? I can see "per" and then is the word for matrimonio abbreviated?
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?

Post by maestra36 »

it's directly to the left of Luigi's signature. Luigi should be the parish priest who wrote the record from the information in his parish's book of baptisms. I believe it is pel uso (pel being an abbreviated form or contraction for per il (for the) and then I think it is the word for matrimony abbreviated. I have seen that on a lot of documents. When a copy of a baptism record was needed for a marriage, the priest would refer to the information in his book and then create a new document for marriage use, such as this particular document.
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?

Post by maestra36 »

"pel uso per" and then the abbreviation for matrimony (just to clarify)
User avatar
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 198
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 17:35

Re: May I have help transcribing a birth record?

Post by CowryShells »

That's good to know, thank you!


Just before the first godparent's name, Carmine Cera, it looks like there is "G. a D." or am I just imagining things?
Post Reply