Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
This marriage certificate is in Spanish. My grandparents, Giovanni and Giuseppa left Sicily, and then moved to Argentina. I don't need help translating the spanish. I need help figuring out who Josephine's mother was.....the name looks like Layetana Casconi????
When I searched Casconi on familysearch.org I didn't find much on Casconi in Italy or Sicily.....But when I searched CASCONE, I found a whole bunch of them from Ragusa, Sicily....ragusa is the same area where all my ancestors is from..Do you think that Casconi/ Cascone could be the same last name just spelt differently in Argentina?
I looked at the Italians to Argentina databank and there are two entries for the last name Casconi and a lot for Cascone. Unfortunately this databank does not give towns in Italy or Sicily. I also see that on Ellis Island, there was a Giovanni Casconi from Ragusa listed but then his destination was to his brother whose last name was spelled as Cascone. I think that the original spelling might have been Cascone, but the only way to know for sure would be to research records for Ragusa.
"Che mondo sarebbe senza nutella" is the official slogan of the wonderful hazelnut cream known as Nutella, appreciated by many and eaten worldwide. Few know that its invention was totally random and born out of necessity. HistoryIn 1946, at the end of WWII, chocolate was so expensive nobody could a...