birth certificate from non-Hague convention country
birth certificate from non-Hague convention country
I am applying through my great great grandfather by blood. I was born in the Philippines. The Philippines is not part of the Hague Convention. I read the statement(s) about getting my birth certificate legalized (no apostille for the Philippines) by the Philippines, sent to the Italian Embassy in the Philippines, and then brought to the local Italian Embassy/Consul in Miami. Is there any letter I should attach to my birth certificate (with translation and Philippine authentication) that would let the Italian Embassy in the Philippines know why it is getting my documents? Does anyone have a sample or template that you used for a birth certificate from a non-US/non-Italian country that is not part of the Hague Convention? Thanks.
-
backwoodsman
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 29 Jun 2011, 04:33
Re: birth certificate from non-Hague convention country
I know this is a very old post, but were you successful in getting your birth certificate legalized by the Italian Embassy in the Philippines? I ask because I'm in the same situation and have been unable to get any response from the embassy. Can you (or anyone else?) give me any pointers on getting through to the embassy in Manila?