Ciao Tutti,
I am looking to get an official record of my GGF's Baptismal record. I want to use it to bolster my jure sanguinis application due to some discrepancies in my GGF's middle name when in the US (he used his baptismal name as a middle name).
I found a letter online in Italian and played around with it to fit what I need, but my Italian isn't perfect. I'm trying to ask for an official copy of a Baptismal Record and am providing all the info I have on the baptism and offering to pay if I have to. Does this letter even make sense? Thanks.
Rev. Parroco di Santi Giovanni e Reparata
Comune
Reverendo Padre,
Il mio bisnonno, BARONTNI Giov. Dino, Paolo, Luigi figlio di Leopoldo Barontini ed Ida Lippi, fu battezzato a S. Giovanni il 15 Agosto 1897. Le sarei molto grato se potesse spedirme il suo atto di battesimo.
Alla presente accludo una donazione al suo parroco.
Ringraziando.
La saluto cordialmente.
Letter Requesting a Baptismal Record
Re: Letter Requesting a Baptismal Record
You realize that this says that you are INCLUDING a donation...Alla presente accludo una donazione al suo parroco.
T.
- ForzaItaliaPgh
- Elite

- Posts: 363
- Joined: 02 Jul 2010, 18:35
Re: Letter Requesting a Baptismal Record
Yeah, the website I was looking at said to do that to increase the chances of them sending the document. Do you think I can do without sending money? I have the exact date of the baptism, so no one is going to have to search around in the archives. I actually have a snapshot of the handwritten baptismal record, but I want to bring something official to the consulate with me.
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
Re: Letter Requesting a Baptismal Record
Oh, Yes! I would definitely send it. 

T.
I just wanted to be sure you knew that you were telling them you were including a donation...am providing all the info I have on the baptism and offering to pay if I have to.
T.
- ForzaItaliaPgh
- Elite

- Posts: 363
- Joined: 02 Jul 2010, 18:35
Re: Letter Requesting a Baptismal Record
Any idea on if there is a standard amount they are expecting? I was thinking $20.00 or I guess 20 Euro. Is that too little? Also, I suppose I'll have to include a self-addressed stamped envelope or some way for them to mail the document to me.
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
Re: Letter Requesting a Baptismal Record
In my humble opinion, I think 20 euro is very generous. But I'm not suggesting that you send less...
There have been many discussions on this forum about sending currency through the mail... suggestions and cautions...
This one is informative...scroll down to the comments by "Italysearcher" and "Elba"
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/Forums/ ... +mail.html
If you send a self-addressed envelope - Do Not stamp it.
T.
There have been many discussions on this forum about sending currency through the mail... suggestions and cautions...
This one is informative...scroll down to the comments by "Italysearcher" and "Elba"
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/Forums/ ... +mail.html
If you send a self-addressed envelope - Do Not stamp it.
T.
- ForzaItaliaPgh
- Elite

- Posts: 363
- Joined: 02 Jul 2010, 18:35
Re: Letter Requesting a Baptismal Record
Thanks again for the advice Tessa. You have been a great help!
Do you happen to know how to say "The donation is wrapped in aluminum foil with this letter" in Italian? Would it be something like "Il dono e' interno nel allumino con questa lettera."?
I only ask b/c they might not be expecting it
Do you happen to know how to say "The donation is wrapped in aluminum foil with this letter" in Italian? Would it be something like "Il dono e' interno nel allumino con questa lettera."?
I only ask b/c they might not be expecting it
Re: Letter Requesting a Baptismal Record
Why not just label the aluminum foil with "donazione all'interno" (donation inside)?
T.
- ForzaItaliaPgh
- Elite

- Posts: 363
- Joined: 02 Jul 2010, 18:35
Re: Letter Requesting a Baptismal Record
Will do! Grazie Mille!!
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
Re: Letter Requesting a Baptismal Record
Prego! 
Buona fortuna!
T.
Buona fortuna!
T.
