Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
-
fordface951
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 13 Aug 2010, 01:21
Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
I'm going to be visiting Santa Maria Capua Vetere in the spring. My great-
great grandfather Pasquale Rauso was born there abt 1850
They had 3 sons, at least, Guiseppe, Giovanni and Thomas.
All three emigrated to the US. Guiseppe is my great grandfather married
Theresa Santora moved and settled in the Pittsburgh area.
I'm looking for further info.All I have is Pasquale's name and approx date of
birth. San Prisco,Italy is just down the road from SMCV. Where would be the
best place to start now?
Thanks for any help.
Julie
great grandfather Pasquale Rauso was born there abt 1850
They had 3 sons, at least, Guiseppe, Giovanni and Thomas.
All three emigrated to the US. Guiseppe is my great grandfather married
Theresa Santora moved and settled in the Pittsburgh area.
I'm looking for further info.All I have is Pasquale's name and approx date of
birth. San Prisco,Italy is just down the road from SMCV. Where would be the
best place to start now?
Thanks for any help.
Julie
Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Hi Julie 
Is this your GGF Giuseppe?
Arriving NY 1903 with wife Teresa
from S. Maria Capua Vetere
Going to brother Giovanni Rauso
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0023
T.
Is this your GGF Giuseppe?
Arriving NY 1903 with wife Teresa
from S. Maria Capua Vetere
Going to brother Giovanni Rauso
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0023
T.
Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Have you written to the comune?
You can write directly, in Italian, and request Pasquale's birth record and his marriage record...
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Albana, 90 (Ex Scuola Lucarelli)
81055 Santa Maria Capua Vetere (CE)
ITALY
form letters in Italian
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
T.
You can write directly, in Italian, and request Pasquale's birth record and his marriage record...
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Albana, 90 (Ex Scuola Lucarelli)
81055 Santa Maria Capua Vetere (CE)
ITALY
form letters in Italian
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
T.
-
fordface951
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 13 Aug 2010, 01:21
Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Hi Tessa.....Giuseppe and Teresa are my great-grandparents, they settled in
Pittsburgh while Giovanni and his wife, Antonia settled in New Jersey. I don't
know where Thomas went.
I just sent off an e-mail to San Prisco requesting Pasquale's birth record.
I have been searching for months for "a name" in Italy to start my search;
Pasquale just popped up a couple of weeks ago. Amazing how that happens.
We will be visiting there in May. I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for but
it'll be nice to just spend the day walking around.
Thank you for help'
Julie
Pittsburgh while Giovanni and his wife, Antonia settled in New Jersey. I don't
know where Thomas went.
I just sent off an e-mail to San Prisco requesting Pasquale's birth record.
I have been searching for months for "a name" in Italy to start my search;
Pasquale just popped up a couple of weeks ago. Amazing how that happens.
We will be visiting there in May. I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for but
it'll be nice to just spend the day walking around.
Thank you for help'
Julie
Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Hi Julie
Welcome to the forum.
I am doing a lot of research in my ancestral hometown of S.M.C.V. I am currently looking at 1850's births on microfilm at my local family history center.
Rauso and Santoro are pretty common names in this area. If you have any reasonably specific dates, I would be happy to try to find some records for you.
I am jealous of your upcoming visit. I am hoping to visit S.M. next fall.
Good luck in your journey.
Welcome to the forum.
I am doing a lot of research in my ancestral hometown of S.M.C.V. I am currently looking at 1850's births on microfilm at my local family history center.
Rauso and Santoro are pretty common names in this area. If you have any reasonably specific dates, I would be happy to try to find some records for you.
I am jealous of your upcoming visit. I am hoping to visit S.M. next fall.
Good luck in your journey.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Julie,
If you don't get a response to your email (a good possibility), send a letter. They seem to get more attention than emails...
FYI - there is someone here at the forum who has been doing a lot of research into the LDS films for SMCV. I've asked him to take a look at your post...
Good luck, and have a great trip!
T.
Hi Jim!
If you don't get a response to your email (a good possibility), send a letter. They seem to get more attention than emails...
FYI - there is someone here at the forum who has been doing a lot of research into the LDS films for SMCV. I've asked him to take a look at your post...
Good luck, and have a great trip!
T.
Hi Jim!
-
fordface951
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 13 Aug 2010, 01:21
Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Hi Jim....Before we even start, thank you for your help.
Giuseppe Rauso Birth: 1-28-1873 SMCV; DOD: 1-10-1949
Teresa Santora Birth: 4-18-1875 SMCV; DOD:2-18-1951;both died in Pittsburgh,Pa
They were sponsored by his brother Giovanni who was sponsored by
his brother Thomas.
Giuseppe and Teresa arrived together in US in 1903 through New York.
Pasquale Rauso was born in San Prisco I'm just guessing 1850 because of the age difference. I don't know his wife's name. He is the first break in the dryspell! I found some info through FamilySearch but haven't had a chance to get to the center to investigate.
Julie
Giuseppe Rauso Birth: 1-28-1873 SMCV; DOD: 1-10-1949
Teresa Santora Birth: 4-18-1875 SMCV; DOD:2-18-1951;both died in Pittsburgh,Pa
They were sponsored by his brother Giovanni who was sponsored by
his brother Thomas.
Giuseppe and Teresa arrived together in US in 1903 through New York.
Pasquale Rauso was born in San Prisco I'm just guessing 1850 because of the age difference. I don't know his wife's name. He is the first break in the dryspell! I found some info through FamilySearch but haven't had a chance to get to the center to investigate.
Julie
Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
This isn't starting as well as I had hoped. I haven't ordered birth films for those years (1873, 1875) yet. If you know the date of marriage, I may have the marriage record. It will have their parents names listed. That would be a boost for you.
p.s. I had forgotten about our PM's back in August.
p.s. I had forgotten about our PM's back in August.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
-
fordface951
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 13 Aug 2010, 01:21
Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Good morning, Jim.....The only lead that I have at this point is Pasquale.
I was thinking the same thing that their marriage license could be a motherlode . Since he was born in San Prisco does that change where we can find any information; same province. Where could I look for church records?
Giovanni and Antonia were from San Prisco but I don't know when or where they were married.
Julie
I was thinking the same thing that their marriage license could be a motherlode . Since he was born in San Prisco does that change where we can find any information; same province. Where could I look for church records?
Giovanni and Antonia were from San Prisco but I don't know when or where they were married.
Julie
Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Hi Julie,
I wasn't very clear. I was referring to Giuseppe and Teresa marriage and then work our way back from there. Their marriage document (especially the Allegati register) may tell us more about their parents than we currently know.
Did their obits give any clue as to when and where they were married?
If it was in S.M.C.V., I may have that film.
Let me know. I should be at the FHC on Saturday morning. I could try to find it for you.
I wasn't very clear. I was referring to Giuseppe and Teresa marriage and then work our way back from there. Their marriage document (especially the Allegati register) may tell us more about their parents than we currently know.
Did their obits give any clue as to when and where they were married?
If it was in S.M.C.V., I may have that film.
Let me know. I should be at the FHC on Saturday morning. I could try to find it for you.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
-
fordface951
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 13 Aug 2010, 01:21
Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Jim...That's what I was thinking. No information from the obit and my mother
doesn't know any specifics.
Thanks for the effort.
Julie
doesn't know any specifics.
Thanks for the effort.
Julie
Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Julie
Let's try another tact. If you believe the marriage occurred in S.M., when was the 1st child born. Chances are pretty good that the marriage happened no more than 15 months prior to that 1st birth.
Do you think it was in the late 1890's? They would have been in their early 20's. It is worth a shot. Let me know because I have quite a few marriage films for the late 1800's. I don't have the list with me but I can check it when I get home.
Please let me know.
Let's try another tact. If you believe the marriage occurred in S.M., when was the 1st child born. Chances are pretty good that the marriage happened no more than 15 months prior to that 1st birth.
Do you think it was in the late 1890's? They would have been in their early 20's. It is worth a shot. Let me know because I have quite a few marriage films for the late 1800's. I don't have the list with me but I can check it when I get home.
Please let me know.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
The clerk in the Stato Civile office is very helpful.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Hi Ann
Are you referring specifically to Santa Maria Capua Vetere? That would be good to know.
Are you referring specifically to Santa Maria Capua Vetere? That would be good to know.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
-
fordface951
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 13 Aug 2010, 01:21
Re: Looking for leads in Santa Marie Capua Vetere
Jim...Peter A. Rauso, my grandfather, was born in 1905 in Bridgeport, Conn.
Giuseppe and Teresa arrived in NYC in 1903. I was thinking that they may
have married prior to crossing.
Julie
Giuseppe and Teresa arrived in NYC in 1903. I was thinking that they may
have married prior to crossing.
Julie