spatafora and tuso families from Caccamo, Sicily
spatafora and tuso families from Caccamo, Sicily
Is anyone else researching the names Spatafora and/or Tuso? My great-grandparents Giuseppe Spatafora and Concetta Tuso were born in Caccamo, Sicily and came to America in the late 1890s.
Re: spatafora and tuso families from Caccamo, Sicily
There are microfilmed records available for the town available for rental through a local family history center.
Registri dello stato civile di Caccamo (Palermo), 1820-1910 Caccamo (Palermo).
https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Orderi ... ory_Center
You may also be interested in the following website:
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~itapaler/records.html
Registri dello stato civile di Caccamo (Palermo), 1820-1910 Caccamo (Palermo).
https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Orderi ... ory_Center
You may also be interested in the following website:
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~itapaler/records.html
Re: spatafora and tuso families from Caccamo, Sicily
Your posting popped up on my email through Google Alerts.
My name is Joseph Spatafora, and my paternal Grandfather (Guiseppe)migrated to the US from Sicily around 1900. He married Rose Valentino also a native of Sicily.
I would welcome the chance to correspond or chat by phone to discover whether we share a common lineage.
My contact info is......
Joseph Spatafora
1870 Sailfish Road S
Saint Petersburg, Florida 33707
joespatafora@tampabay.rr.com
727-215-5944 Cell
I would not be surprised that you have uncovered more information than myself about the Sicilian Spatafora family, but I do have a copy of the coat of Arms that you might find interesting.
My name is Joseph Spatafora, and my paternal Grandfather (Guiseppe)migrated to the US from Sicily around 1900. He married Rose Valentino also a native of Sicily.
I would welcome the chance to correspond or chat by phone to discover whether we share a common lineage.
My contact info is......
Joseph Spatafora
1870 Sailfish Road S
Saint Petersburg, Florida 33707
joespatafora@tampabay.rr.com
727-215-5944 Cell
I would not be surprised that you have uncovered more information than myself about the Sicilian Spatafora family, but I do have a copy of the coat of Arms that you might find interesting.
Re: spatafora and tuso families from Caccamo, Sicily
The Spatafora surname probably exists in various Sicilian towns. I have a few in my database for the late 1700s and early 1800s from the town of Ventimiglia di Sicilia, which is not that far from Caccamo.
Re: spatafora and tuso families from Caccamo, Sicily
I've managed to go back a few generations so far - I've used the family history center to locate some family records, and now I'm in the process of learning how to translate them.
My great grandfather Giuseppe Spatafora was born in 1870 in Caccamo to Vincenzo Spatafora and Antonia Tuso. He was the oldest of at least 8 children - Giuseppe, Baptista, Salvatore, Domenico, Giovanni, Carmela, Josephine, and Rosaria. I've found all their birth records except for Rosaria and possibly Josephine. I found a birth record for a Giovanna, but I'm not sure if that's Josephine or another child. I have not located Vincenzo and Antonia's marriage record yet. Vincenzo's parents were Giuseppe and Rosaria Saverino. Antonia's parents were Domenico and Giuseppa Lo Bue.
Giuseppe, Giovanni, Carmela, Josephine and Rosaria all came to America. Baptista and Domenico came, but went back to Caccamo. Salvatore never came to America. I have Baptista, Domenico and Salvatore's marriage records. I cannot read (yet) the names of Baptista and Domenico's wives, but Salvatore married a Sampognaro.
My great grandmother Concetta Tuso was born in 1881 in Caccamo to Giovanni Tuso and Antonina Catalano. She was the oldest of 3 girls - Concetta, Consiglia and Josephine. I've found Concetta and Consiglia's birth records. I also have Giovanni and Antonina's marriage record. Giovanni's parents were Domenico and Giuseppa Lo Bue (yep, same parents as Antonia Tuso). Antonina's parents were Filippo and Vincenza Diso (not sure about the spelling of the last name).
Concetta and Consiglia came to America. Josephine stayed in Sicily and married a Faso.
That's what I have so far.
My great grandfather Giuseppe Spatafora was born in 1870 in Caccamo to Vincenzo Spatafora and Antonia Tuso. He was the oldest of at least 8 children - Giuseppe, Baptista, Salvatore, Domenico, Giovanni, Carmela, Josephine, and Rosaria. I've found all their birth records except for Rosaria and possibly Josephine. I found a birth record for a Giovanna, but I'm not sure if that's Josephine or another child. I have not located Vincenzo and Antonia's marriage record yet. Vincenzo's parents were Giuseppe and Rosaria Saverino. Antonia's parents were Domenico and Giuseppa Lo Bue.
Giuseppe, Giovanni, Carmela, Josephine and Rosaria all came to America. Baptista and Domenico came, but went back to Caccamo. Salvatore never came to America. I have Baptista, Domenico and Salvatore's marriage records. I cannot read (yet) the names of Baptista and Domenico's wives, but Salvatore married a Sampognaro.
My great grandmother Concetta Tuso was born in 1881 in Caccamo to Giovanni Tuso and Antonina Catalano. She was the oldest of 3 girls - Concetta, Consiglia and Josephine. I've found Concetta and Consiglia's birth records. I also have Giovanni and Antonina's marriage record. Giovanni's parents were Domenico and Giuseppa Lo Bue (yep, same parents as Antonia Tuso). Antonina's parents were Filippo and Vincenza Diso (not sure about the spelling of the last name).
Concetta and Consiglia came to America. Josephine stayed in Sicily and married a Faso.
That's what I have so far.
Re: spatafora and tuso families from Caccamo, Sicily
I am sharing with you the Spatafora info I have from the nearby town of Ventimiglia di Sicilia as you never know, if at some point, it might connect to your ancestry. A distant cousin whose ancestry started in Ventimiglia ended up being in Caccamo, so yours may have gone in the reverse. Sorry but it's not very much info and is somewhat incomplete-
Rosario Spatafora born abt 1790, or possibly earlier, was married to an Antonina Urso. They had a daughter, Angela Spatafora born about 1815 who married a Giuseppe Bonadonna in Ventimiglia on July 16, 1841. They had two sons that I know of-Rosario Bonadonna born in 1852 and Giuseppe Bonadonna.
I also have a Domenica Spatafora born in the latter part of the 1700s who was married to a Leonardo Sapienza. They had a son named Calogero Sapienza born about 1816 who married a Santa Anzalone in Ventimiglia on June 19, 1841 (record #17).
That's all I have on the surname. I don't know where any of these Spatafora's were born.
Rosario Spatafora born abt 1790, or possibly earlier, was married to an Antonina Urso. They had a daughter, Angela Spatafora born about 1815 who married a Giuseppe Bonadonna in Ventimiglia on July 16, 1841. They had two sons that I know of-Rosario Bonadonna born in 1852 and Giuseppe Bonadonna.
I also have a Domenica Spatafora born in the latter part of the 1700s who was married to a Leonardo Sapienza. They had a son named Calogero Sapienza born about 1816 who married a Santa Anzalone in Ventimiglia on June 19, 1841 (record #17).
That's all I have on the surname. I don't know where any of these Spatafora's were born.
Re: spatafora and tuso families from Caccamo, Sicily
Thanks! Hopefully one day I'll be able to trace my family back far enough to see whether or not our Spataforas are related.
The thread you linked to was one I posted, but thanks!
The thread you linked to was one I posted, but thanks!
Re: spatafora and tuso families from Caccamo, Sicily
I know the other thread was one you had posted, but I linked it here so that there would not be any duplication of the research already done.
Re: spatafora and tuso families from Caccamo, Sicily
Also I have no connection in my own ancestry to the Spatafora surname. I had done some research many years ago for someone whose ancestry was from Ventimiglia and found that some of his ancestors had relocated to, and married in, Caccamo.

