Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Hello ~ I just recieved this military record in the mail for my great grandfather. I am so excited!!!!! And now I need help.
I am kindly asking for some help translating this document preferably in its entirety.
Thank you so much for your kindness and time
Signoretti
Egidio Signoretti Son of Giuesppe and Eugenia Serroni
Born Sept 1889 Citti de Castillo Perugia
Height 1.84 meters
Hair
Eyes
Skin color dark
Scars
Profession Tradesman
Read Yes
Write yes
Weight 263
This is the left side of document
Marty A
Egidio Signoretti Son of Giuseppe and Eugenia Ferroni
Born 1 Sept 1889 Città de Castello, district of Perugia
Height 1.67 meters (65.8 in) Thorax 0,84 meters (33.1 inches)
Hair Brown, Wavy
Eyes light blue
Skin color dark
Teeth decayed
Distinguishing marks none
Profession Cart Driver
Read Yes
Write yes
Nr 263 in the 1889 call-up register
The body of the document states that he first served in the Infantry in Perugia, from April 11 1910 to November 6 1911.
He was called again in May 1915 (WWI mobilization) but did not sow up because he was in USA.
One of the most fun things that I discovered in my research was finding my look alike ancestor, Prince Marino Caracciolo II. Don Marino descends from the Caracciolo Rossi family, one of the oldest families in Naples, that date back to 950 AD. He was born in Atripalda on 9-6-1587 and died in Naples o...