I had originally received this record from the Archives. The original had only one notation. Recently, I received a copy of this record from the comune from an old request I had made.
Much to my surprise it was covered with notations that I had not seen before. Can someone help me out with them. In particular the marriages notated.
http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... 1864-2.jpg
lilbees
Notations on birth record?
Notations on birth record?
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Re: Notations on birth record?
notation across the top is a death notation for Francesco Recigno-he died in Roccapiemonte on Jan 1, 1914 (I believe the last number is a 4, but am not 100% sure), act #1 Part I. He was born on Aug 20, 1864 and was the son of Giuseppe.
notation across the bottom-he married Assunta Bove in the town on May 7, 1906.
I am having trouble with the other notation at the bottom of the right column
Peg
notation across the bottom-he married Assunta Bove in the town on May 7, 1906.
I am having trouble with the other notation at the bottom of the right column
Peg
Re: Notations on birth record?
Hi Peg, thanks for the read.
I did read the notation on the side. That was the marriage of Francesco to Francesca De Simone.
I thought the one at the top said he died 1941?
lilbees
I did read the notation on the side. That was the marriage of Francesco to Francesca De Simone.
I thought the one at the top said he died 1941?
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Re: Notations on birth record?
yes, you are right. I just looked at the death notation again and the year was 1941. I transposed that when I typed it. Sorry.
Re: Notations on birth record?
Good grief! I do that all the time.
Thanks so much.
Barb
Thanks so much.
Barb
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Notations on birth record?
The notation on the lower right part is very strange.
"By order of the King Attorney dated Dec 20 1886, we annotate that xxxxx (can't read the word) on 16 of the aforesaid got married with Francesca Desimone daughter of the deceased Giovanni"
The handwriting seems to belong to a person almost illiterate... and I believe it is a mistake of the official who made a notation that was mean for someone else. Francesco was only 12 in 1886!
Edited to amend:
In 1886 Francesco was 22 (thanks Tessa!)
"By order of the King Attorney dated Dec 20 1886, we annotate that xxxxx (can't read the word) on 16 of the aforesaid got married with Francesca Desimone daughter of the deceased Giovanni"
The handwriting seems to belong to a person almost illiterate... and I believe it is a mistake of the official who made a notation that was mean for someone else. Francesco was only 12 in 1886!
Edited to amend:
In 1886 Francesco was 22 (thanks Tessa!)
Re: Notations on birth record?
Hi Livioliviomoreno wrote:The notation on the lower right part is very strange.
"By order of the King Attorney dated Dec 20 1886, we annotate that xxxxx (can't read the word) on 16 of the aforesaid got married with Francesca Desimone daughter of the deceased Giovanni"
The handwriting seems to belong to a person almost illiterate... and I believe it is a mistake of the official who made a notation that was mean for someone else. Francesco was only 12 in 1886!
By my math - (born 1864 - married to Desimone in 1886) wasn't he 22?
T.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Notations on birth record?
Your math is correct, it's my sight that is getting worse. I read 1874 instead of 1864...Tessa78 wrote:Hi Livioliviomoreno wrote:The notation on the lower right part is very strange.
"By order of the King Attorney dated Dec 20 1886, we annotate that xxxxx (can't read the word) on 16 of the aforesaid got married with Francesca Desimone daughter of the deceased Giovanni"
The handwriting seems to belong to a person almost illiterate... and I believe it is a mistake of the official who made a notation that was mean for someone else. Francesco was only 12 in 1886!
By my math - (born 1864 - married to Desimone in 1886) wasn't he 22?
T.

Re: Notations on birth record?
Boy! I am beginning to believe we are all showing our age or we definitely need new glasses. Records are getting harder and harder for me to read.
Your efforts Livio are appreciated as well as T/s.
Barb
Your efforts Livio are appreciated as well as T/s.
Barb
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Re: Notations on birth record?
Hey Livio... non ti preoccupare! We're always here to help each other. You have helped me correct mistakes I've made many timesliviomoreno wrote:Your math is correct, it's my sight that is getting worse. I read 1874 instead of 1864...Tessa78 wrote:Hi Livioliviomoreno wrote:The notation on the lower right part is very strange.
"By order of the King Attorney dated Dec 20 1886, we annotate that xxxxx (can't read the word) on 16 of the aforesaid got married with Francesca Desimone daughter of the deceased Giovanni"
The handwriting seems to belong to a person almost illiterate... and I believe it is a mistake of the official who made a notation that was mean for someone else. Francesco was only 12 in 1886!
By my math - (born 1864 - married to Desimone in 1886) wasn't he 22?
T.
And I'm still in love with those smilies you use!
T.