http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6790/c ... marr19.jpg
I need an opinion, please.
This document shows Nicola's father's name as Prisco. I didn't question the validity of the name until I discovered, in a later document, that this couple named their daughter Prisco.
Is this likely?
Thank you
Casertano, Perrotta marriage
Casertano, Perrotta marriage
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Re: Casertano, Perrotta marriage
Jim
The groom was from the town of San Prisco (also in Caserta Province). Prisco was the name of a saint. The town's patron saint is San Prisco, so there were probably a lot of children in that town named for the patron saint. Possibly females in the town were also given the saint's name at birth.
http://www.comuni-italiani.it/061/081/
Peg
The groom was from the town of San Prisco (also in Caserta Province). Prisco was the name of a saint. The town's patron saint is San Prisco, so there were probably a lot of children in that town named for the patron saint. Possibly females in the town were also given the saint's name at birth.
http://www.comuni-italiani.it/061/081/
Peg
Re: Casertano, Perrotta marriage
Hi Peg,
I guess I kind of expected this to be true, but also looked for a feminine version of the name like Prisca. When I didn't see it, I wondered if the father's name might have been in error.
In the meantime, I will try to find his 1st marriage to see if his father is listed the same.
Thank you
I guess I kind of expected this to be true, but also looked for a feminine version of the name like Prisca. When I didn't see it, I wondered if the father's name might have been in error.
In the meantime, I will try to find his 1st marriage to see if his father is listed the same.
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Re: Casertano, Perrotta marriage
Hi Jim,oilman19 wrote:Hi Peg,
I guess I kind of expected this to be true, but also looked for a feminine version of the name like Prisca. When I didn't see it, I wondered if the father's name might have been in error.
In the meantime, I will try to find his 1st marriage to see if his father is listed the same.
Thank you
Prisca - the feminine version - does exist...
Prisca
Origin: Derived from the Latin Priscus, an ancient Latin surname, which means "past one's prime, aleady old."
Name Day/Onomastico: January 18—in memory of St. Prisca, Roman martyred in 250.
Related Name/Other Italian Forms: Prisco
Maybe it's just sloppy handwriting
T.
Re: Casertano, Perrotta marriage
I may have erred on this one.
It now looks like it may have been a son after all. Unfortunately, Ancestry has all the births except 1904, so I can't look it up. If it is a son, it would be the first born male child and would have the name Prisco from his paternal grandfather. That would make sense.
The name appeared on his immigration document in 1906 and somehow I recorded it as a female. Now I'm not so sure that is correct. I will continue to seek a valid record for proof.
Thank you very much for all the help.
It now looks like it may have been a son after all. Unfortunately, Ancestry has all the births except 1904, so I can't look it up. If it is a son, it would be the first born male child and would have the name Prisco from his paternal grandfather. That would make sense.
The name appeared on his immigration document in 1906 and somehow I recorded it as a female. Now I'm not so sure that is correct. I will continue to seek a valid record for proof.
Thank you very much for all the help.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Re: Casertano, Perrotta marriage
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5813 ... irth18.jpg
I have the birth act for Filomena Perrotta. I see the marriage annotation but cannot understand what is directly beneath it.
Can someone help?
Thank you
I have the birth act for Filomena Perrotta. I see the marriage annotation but cannot understand what is directly beneath it.
Can someone help?
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Casertano, Perrotta marriage
Very hard to read, could be a death annotation
"Con atto 7 ?????
??066 ??????
la Perrotta spirò"
"With act ..... the Perrotta died"
and it also looks as if it is crossed out...
Re: Casertano, Perrotta marriage
I'm pretty sure Filomena died in U.S. Does this help?
I believe she died Nov 1975.
I believe she died Nov 1975.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Casertano, Perrotta marriage
If she died in US I doubt that the death was notified to Santa Maria Capua Vetere. I'm inclined to believe that the notation was a mistake and was simply crossed out.
Re: Casertano, Perrotta marriage
Thank you, Livio.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.