Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I am having trouble with the hand written sections. I need parents and place of birth for groom. Also there is a lot of writing on the bottom section but I'm not sure if that is important. Any help much appreciated. If I need to upload better pics I can.
the groom, Alessanrdo Michele (Aldi???), was born in Siracusa but was a resident in Castelcampagnano. His parents were deceased Domenico Aldi (sp?)and Luigia Campagnano (not deceased)
The bride, Mariangela Marcuccio, was 21, also a peasant/farmer and the daughter of deceased Domenico and living Orsola Del Santo. She was born in Castelcampagnano
the dates of first and second marriage publications (like the banns of marriage)-were Dec 5th and 12th. Those publications and other documents (required for the marriage-like the birth acts of the prospective spouses, death records for the two fathers) were inserted into the volume of the allegati in the present register. Also presented was the consent of the mother of the bride being that the groom was of adult age.
Bertolucco Della Morte, age 65, a property owner and Matteo Della Porta, age 37, having trouble with his profession, but he did have a town position. Both were residents in the town
at the very bottom of the document it states that the present register (the marriage register for 1875) contains 9 acts of marriage and that, on Jan 1, 1876, at 8 a.m., the town official of Castelcampagnano closed out his register for the year 1875.
Thank you so much! I ordered these film rolls from the Family History Library and really had no idea I would find any information on my gg grandparents. Death certificates for both had no parents listed and I had hit a wall. Now I have a great place to start. Alex and Maria Aldi thank you!
Italians have a long and deep-rooted tradition of beliefs about luck and things that give either good or bad luck. In Italy there are colloquial names for bad luck. Think of:"sfiga" or "jella" (read it as "yella), but the most scary thing for millions of Italians is "Il Malocchio", which translate ...