Hi everyone! I received some exiting documents in the mail yesterday from the Archivio di Stato in Messina but I need some help in figuring out what they say!
The first one (if I have this right) should be a Atto di Nascita for Carmela D'Aveni born in 1858. I know the document was damaged---but I'm hoping that you might be able to read some of it! Thanks so much!
Side #1:
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9232/scan0012d.jpg
Side #2:
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/225/scan0013u.jpg
Grazie!
Need Some Translation!
- ginaruiz1998
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 19:04
Re: Need Some Translation!
CORRECTION! The name is Anna Maria D'Aveni!
Re: Need Some Translation!
The record you uploaded is dated Feb 17, 1822. That is the date on the left side of the document which is the birth record. The right side is the baptism record.
All I can make out is that Giuseppe D'Aveni, the informant, was 40 and a farmhand living in Novara. I can't read the name of his wife or the date of the birth.
The baptism took place on the 18th in the Parish of Novara.
That's all I can make out.
Peg
All I can make out is that Giuseppe D'Aveni, the informant, was 40 and a farmhand living in Novara. I can't read the name of his wife or the date of the birth.
The baptism took place on the 18th in the Parish of Novara.
That's all I can make out.
Peg
- ginaruiz1998
- Veteran

- Posts: 198
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 19:04
Re: Need Some Translation!
Thank you! I think the wife's name is Carmela Milici. Anna Maria is the sister to my Great-Great Grandfather who we didn't even know existed until I received this! I guess then I can assume, that with Giuseppe being aged 40, that he was born in or around 1782! WOW!
I think I'll write back to the Comune di Novara Sicilia to see if they might have any death information on Giuseppe and this Anna Maria, providing they never left the town!
Grazie!
I think I'll write back to the Comune di Novara Sicilia to see if they might have any death information on Giuseppe and this Anna Maria, providing they never left the town!
Grazie!
