so I know I made a similar post once but, I have started italian this semester in college and have no background in italian or spanish or any other language for that matter. I am looking for suggestions on italian language books. I am also interested in an italian language school . I am taking in college but of course I dont really get one on one attention. please feel free to post links to other threads etc.
thanks,
Dave
italian language books and schools
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: italian language books and schools
Dave,
I don't have an answer for you, but I am sure it would be helpful to know where you are located. Are you in or near a major city, for example?
I don't have an answer for you, but I am sure it would be helpful to know where you are located. Are you in or near a major city, for example?
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: italian language books and schools
I'm sorry! I intended to mention that of course! Luckily I live on the lower east side of manhattan NYC about a 10 minute walk from little italy!
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: italian language books and schools
Send me your email and I will send you a couple of pages of notes I made when I was learning which will help with pronunciation.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
-
JohnArmellino
- Master

- Posts: 697
- Joined: 09 Jun 2003, 00:00
- Location: West New York (NJ)
- Contact:
Re: italian language books and schools
501 Italian Verbs
by John Colaneri PhD and Vincent Luciani PhD
A quick-reference source for language students, teachers, and translators. The 501 most commonly used Italian verbs are listed in table form, one verb per page, and conjugated in all tenses, identified by English infinitive forms. Verbs are both regular and irregular, and are presented alphabetically for easy reference.
by John Colaneri PhD and Vincent Luciani PhD
A quick-reference source for language students, teachers, and translators. The 501 most commonly used Italian verbs are listed in table form, one verb per page, and conjugated in all tenses, identified by English infinitive forms. Verbs are both regular and irregular, and are presented alphabetically for easy reference.
John Armellino
- sceaminmonkey
- Master

- Posts: 525
- Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 19:39
Re: italian language books and schools
Thanks !!!!!!