new member needs help translating this:
new member needs help translating this:
I have some documents and letters that need translating, but haven't found anywhere to try until now. I will post just one of the pages for now and see what comes of it. Thanks to anyone who can help.
Ok...don't know how to add a link on this site, or how to past the letter. Can you help?
Ok...don't know how to add a link on this site, or how to past the letter. Can you help?
Re: new member needs help translating this:
Welcome Springdal
Image is to small to see needs to be bigger to read
Marty
Image is to small to see needs to be bigger to read
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: new member needs help translating this:
You can increase the resolution on the scanner or use a photo gallery to enlarge the letter I use imageshack.com it has worked good for me.
Join imageshack.com
login to imageshack.com and browse to get file from your computer
upload document to imageshack
use the directlink on imageshack and copy with your mouse right button
paste to this website and it will leave your prompt on your message on your post
Marty
Join imageshack.com
login to imageshack.com and browse to get file from your computer
upload document to imageshack
use the directlink on imageshack and copy with your mouse right button
paste to this website and it will leave your prompt on your message on your post
Marty
Re: new member needs help translating this:
Ok...I'll try that, but I don't even see on my post where even a tiny photo showed up..?
Re: new member needs help translating this:
Hope this works
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2448/scan0025b.jpg
This is just one page of the 4 from the letter and then I have a 2 page document. Is it ok to post them all, or should I wait to see if this can even be translated?
Thanks again for all your help
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2448/scan0025b.jpg
This is just one page of the 4 from the letter and then I have a 2 page document. Is it ok to post them all, or should I wait to see if this can even be translated?
Thanks again for all your help
Re: new member needs help translating this:
Here is a quick translation from me. I'm sure there are others on here that can do a better job. Hope it helps. ---MaryMena
9.9.55 p.1
Dear Father
I did not get letters from you (...?) . Now I have received two at the same time and so I am pleased that you are all in good health. I, also, am in good health along with Lucio. Dear Father, as you (explained ?) in the first letter that Fonzo does not have room for me. Father, tell Fonzo and all the sisters-in-law I am very comfortable where I am. I have good nieces/nephews/grandchildren to assist me and also room to let me stay indefinitely. I asked you to ask to see what you would answer me. I know everything (?). Father, don't be offended. Carlo is right. Then, Father, I did not want to do it to my deceased sister. They let her die in the hospital. You must realize that they could do that to me. If they would to that to me, I would not come here. With what my niece/granddaughter Gerardina is doing for me she deserves a lot of......
9.9.55 p.1
Dear Father
I did not get letters from you (...?) . Now I have received two at the same time and so I am pleased that you are all in good health. I, also, am in good health along with Lucio. Dear Father, as you (explained ?) in the first letter that Fonzo does not have room for me. Father, tell Fonzo and all the sisters-in-law I am very comfortable where I am. I have good nieces/nephews/grandchildren to assist me and also room to let me stay indefinitely. I asked you to ask to see what you would answer me. I know everything (?). Father, don't be offended. Carlo is right. Then, Father, I did not want to do it to my deceased sister. They let her die in the hospital. You must realize that they could do that to me. If they would to that to me, I would not come here. With what my niece/granddaughter Gerardina is doing for me she deserves a lot of......
Re: new member needs help translating this:
Here are the other 3 pages to the letter. I will post the document I have in another post:
This first one is actually 2 pages side by side;
http://postimage.org/image/319kn6tb8/
http://postimage.org/image/31ca7wag4/
Thanks for all your help!
This first one is actually 2 pages side by side;
http://postimage.org/image/319kn6tb8/
http://postimage.org/image/31ca7wag4/
Thanks for all your help!
Re: new member needs help translating this:
here is the document I would appreciate a translation for. Thanks for the help.
http://postimage.org/image/31f33ogkk/
http://postimage.org/image/31f6er5k4/
http://postimage.org/image/31f33ogkk/
http://postimage.org/image/31f6er5k4/
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: new member needs help translating this:
This is an official transcription of the birth act #94, year 1909, city of Guardia Lombardi. The transcription was made on March 21, 1932.springdal wrote:here is the document I would appreciate a translation for. Thanks for the help.
http://postimage.org/image/31f33ogkk/
http://postimage.org/image/31f6er5k4/
Alfonso Gerardo Angelo GIALANELLA, was born in Guardia Lombardi (province Avellino), Vico Alpestre #6 (this is the street name), on July 18th 1909 to Agostino GIALANELLA, 25, tailor and to his legitimate wife Antonia CARUSO, housewife.
The birth was announced to the city hall on the 21st of July 1909 by Agostino Gialanella.
Witnesses to the birth act registration were Gaetano Scavone, 48, peasant/farmer and Gaetano Coraggio 72, shoemaker.
The original document was signed by Agostino Gialanella and the witnesses.
College Papers
If anyone know about italian dictionary. Please name it.
College Papers
College Papers
Re: new member needs help translating this:
Here is page 2. Again, this is not perfect. Maybe others can correct what I couldn't figure out. I will do pages 3 and 4 later today.
p.2 .....the money that Carlo has, only .....? brings me from under (?). You, the American, tell it to the sisters-in-law. Dear Father, it's true that here there are no luxuries, but now Carlo is coming and I am happy to stay here, since I see what the nieces/grandchildren are doing for me. Then, dear Father, you must also think that (you?) were born in Italy and there isn't the beauty (richness?) of America. Therefore, my first son was born and he didn't get anything. Don't think that I've forgotten. Now, think that all your friends from before come to see me and they say --- your father sends you beautiful things from America, and money --- I always say -- yes. But until Carlo returned to America I had nothing, and so, Carlo sent me everything, but not you. Dear Father, you only think about those grandchildren, and your children. I am nothing to you. Of course Carlo speaks badly of you, he is ......
p.2 .....the money that Carlo has, only .....? brings me from under (?). You, the American, tell it to the sisters-in-law. Dear Father, it's true that here there are no luxuries, but now Carlo is coming and I am happy to stay here, since I see what the nieces/grandchildren are doing for me. Then, dear Father, you must also think that (you?) were born in Italy and there isn't the beauty (richness?) of America. Therefore, my first son was born and he didn't get anything. Don't think that I've forgotten. Now, think that all your friends from before come to see me and they say --- your father sends you beautiful things from America, and money --- I always say -- yes. But until Carlo returned to America I had nothing, and so, Carlo sent me everything, but not you. Dear Father, you only think about those grandchildren, and your children. I am nothing to you. Of course Carlo speaks badly of you, he is ......
Re: new member needs help translating this:
Page 3 .......right. I know everything to make those small packages of coffee I know everything that you gave to the other children. The Americans wrote and told me everything. Now I told you that I didn't like what you told me, but, Father, don't get angry. I told you that you should send them ....? to my sisters-in-law, don't ...? and so I think of you and I kiss you, your dear daughter, Lena, and your grandson, Lucio XXXX
Dear Uncle Agostino
I'm answering your letter in which it pleases me very much that you informed/warned? me, I understood you. Moreover, if you have any more to tell me, say it, it will all stay in my heart. On this, dear uncle, I should consider you like a father and so if you want to tell me......?
Dear Uncle Agostino
I'm answering your letter in which it pleases me very much that you informed/warned? me, I understood you. Moreover, if you have any more to tell me, say it, it will all stay in my heart. On this, dear uncle, I should consider you like a father and so if you want to tell me......?
Re: new member needs help translating this:
Page 4 ..... your daughter Lena wrote to you a little angry but it's to say it to the sisters-in-law. For me, what you write to me I will not tell her as long as you warn me. And so I hope that you are well and all in your family, as we are all well including Aunt Lena. I love her so much. I do everything for her. She has said that she is happy to stay here. She doesn't want to go back (....?) Later we'll see. Dear Uncle, Aunt Lena says that Uncle Carlo (....?) and not to spend the money to help her, and that what I do for her (.....?) they would not do, so she wants to stay here. As for me, I don't know, if it's as they say, yes or no. I don't have anything to say to them. I send you greetings from my husband and children, and I kiss you. Your niece, Gerardina. Greetings to all your children and daughters-in-law and grandchildren, answer.....
Re: new member needs help translating this:
Thank you so much. I know the last page was rather cut off, so the end wasn't available. I appreciate the time you took to do this so very much. thank you, thank you!! 
Re: new member needs help translating this:
Glad I could help.
I was hoping that someone else could figure out the parts I couldn't.
Do you know what eventually happed to Lena?
I was hoping that someone else could figure out the parts I couldn't.
Do you know what eventually happed to Lena?

