Hi,
Can anyone help me translate the following document?
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7gLZR ... y=CNeT0cEK
It pertains somehow to the marriage of Gaetano Caiazzo in November of 1920. The document was issued by town of Siano, but the marriage took place in the United States. Is the document an intention of marriage or a marriage certificate? I don't know how to read italian, and I am struggling with the handwriting. Any help translating the document would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Bill
Need help translating handwritten marriage doc
Re: Need help translating handwritten marriage doc
I think this marriage contract is for legal purposes for Italian law since they were married in the USA
Looks like marriage of Gaetano Caiazzo son of decease Pietro Caiazzo and Angela Leo
Marty
Looks like marriage of Gaetano Caiazzo son of decease Pietro Caiazzo and Angela Leo
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Need help translating handwritten marriage doc
It looks to me like the official did a review of the records and did NOT find a marriage contract for Gaetano Caiazza, son of deceased Pietro and of deceased Angela Leo, therefore, he appears to be single (unmarried) - in the document that is "risulta essere celibe"
T.
T.
Re: Need help translating handwritten marriage doc
Thank you both for the responses.
I guess that a certificate that states he did not have a marriage contract makes sense. I always wondered why the document was dated 6 days prior to the marriage, and also why his wife's name was not mentioned.
Does anyone know if this sort of certificate common for Italian emigrants married in the USA?
Thanks again!
Bill
I guess that a certificate that states he did not have a marriage contract makes sense. I always wondered why the document was dated 6 days prior to the marriage, and also why his wife's name was not mentioned.
Does anyone know if this sort of certificate common for Italian emigrants married in the USA?
Thanks again!
Bill

