Hi,
I have exhausted all avenues in looking for my Great Grandparents marriage record from NYC. I have been in contact with Leonora (NYC Archives Lead) and still have had no luck. Since this one document is holding up my application for citizenship, I am willing to try a different route. I wanted to contact possible churches in the areas my grandparents might have been married.
Does anyone know of a resource I can use to research old churches in the NYC area? My family is roman catholic so I wanted to start there. My grandfather lived in NYC at the time, so that could be the starting point for location. I am hoping to find any church records of my great grandparents.
Thanks for any assistance!
-D
Information:
Great Grandfather:
Michele Paradiso (Immigrated over as Michele Paravis)
Born - Dec 13, 1878 in San Giorgio La Molara, Italy
Arrived - Sept, 18th 1904
Died - Jan 3, 1952 in Brooklyn, NY
Marriage Date - Sept, 29 1914 (found on documents)
Marriage Place - New York, NY (found on Naturalization docs)
Addresses:
115 Mott Street NY,NY
137 Mott Street NY,NY
204 Hester Street NY,NY
Great Grandmother:
Grazia Silvestri (Grace,Gracia)
Born - May 16, 1897 in Scafati, Italy
Arrived - Dec 22, 1913
Died - Mar 2, 1944 in Brooklyn, NY
Lost Marriage Record
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Lost Marriage Record
If this board can't help you try lostquays@ymail.com
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Lost Marriage Record
Thanks ItalySearcher. Is that a professional service?
-D
-D
