Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I questioned her age primarily due to her projected child bearing age for the children whom I know of (35-46). I have also found that when people of that age die, their ages frequently become a guess on the part of the informant.
I also needed her mother's surname.
Thank you for the help.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Ages are always a bit "flexible" in these records
As for child-bearing age - anybody's guess - not unheard of to find births where the mother is in her forties.
Of course, age 90 would put her birth at about 1785, right? Let me know if you uncover any information about her age. I'm guessing they didn't include her age in the birth records of her children?
You are correct. I don't have the births but the marriages of her children. They were born abt 1820-1831.
I encountered another death that I had better info on the person. She was listed as 90 but was much closer to 80 years old. Because of the lack of literacy, I have found the older a person became, the less accurate their age on the document.
Thank you again for your help. I hope all is well.
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
I found the marriage of another child who was born abt 1836, which would make Angiola about 51 years old. Needless to say, I am still suspicious of the age on her death act.
Can you figure out Teresa's age on this document? It is a bit confusing.
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Wow! You sure find some "challenging" script in these otherwise beautifully written documents...
I think Teresa's age is 20 - the way "venti" is written looks very much like the first part of Gaetano Baldassare's age of "venticinque" Don't you think so?
I saw what looked like venti, but then looked at the writing that slants downward after it. It kind of looks like ventinove. Do you think I am reading words from another line?
Thank you
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
This concise historical presentation is intended not as an exhaustive sociological treatise, but as a general introduction for the layman. It is presumed that the reader has already reviewed Italian Heraldry, Nobility & Genealogy. Because of the highly individual nature of genealogical and heral...