I recently found the death record for my great X5 grandfather, Francesco Rossano. On it, his father is listed as Davide Boccagna. Does anyone know why that would be - why his father would have a different surname from him?
Also, I was wondering if anyone could figure out what his mother's name was; it looks like Felice Zueroia, but that can't be it. Here's the document:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61196877@N ... otostream/
Help with this document
Help with this document
My Italian surnames:
Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone
Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile
Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone
Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile
Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help with this document
Mother's name could be Felice Quercia (deceased)
Re: Help with this document
Hmm, that would make sense; there's a road in Marcianise called "Via Federico Quercia". I wasn't sure if the name began with a Z, or a Q, or an L.liviomoreno wrote:Mother's name could be Felice Quercia (deceased)
Do you have any idea why his father would be recorded as Boccagna, while he was a Rossano?
My Italian surnames:
Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone
Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile
Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone
Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile
Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help with this document
I'm sorry but I have no clue about this discrepancy in the surname...
Re: Help with this document
I actually saw this many times throughout the last 2 years in the records. I know the first name is right because his eldest son (that I could find) was Davide. Strange...liviomoreno wrote:I'm sorry but I have no clue about this discrepancy in the surname...
My Italian surnames:
Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone
Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile
Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone
Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile
Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito